What's new

What are the worst domains to go for? Ones that could hurt your site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I just want to post this to find out what the worst domain extensions are, so that people can steer clear of them. What would you say are the worst domain extensions to go for? Like .com, .net for example, but ones that are bad for your site and probably would hurt or get you in trouble.

This is obvious, but don't ever use a .gov extension. Though I imagine it's hard to get a .gov extension, but I could be wrong. Other than that, what are others not to use?

.gov domain name is not provided by namecheap or online domain name providers, it is provided by state by agreement of the state that it is a governmental authority or something like that otherwise you can find even scam sites using and abusing it.

I do not think domains can hurt your site unless you are using a domain that was previously blocked by search engines for illegal activities. I hear that free domains like dot tk are bad for a professional site. But these days the company that provided free domains has ceased to exist.

I do not think domains can hurt your site unless you are using a domain that was previously blocked by search engines for illegal activities. I hear that free domains like dot tk are bad for a professional site. But these days the company that provided free domains has ceased to exist.
In order to provide domains the company has to have enough revenue from advertisements or parallel activity while this doesn't happen as there are a lot just try the service and move on.

Well, if you want to reach US customers, don't get a .co.uk domain or if you want to reach Mexican customers, then don't get a .ca domain. Well, I have said that domain extension doesn't matter. However, that's just the case, much of the time. However, if you are into serious marketing toward an international audience, then .com might be the best and if you want more than the audience from one country, then don't use a national extension. Of course, the 2nd thing is only about SEO. If you're not using SEO, it's not a big deal.

It is a good idea to make sure a web domain you are going to buy was not previously used for spam or illegal means. I know someone that bought a domain very cheap and got it site up and running only to get in trouble with several places, including Google. The person that owned it previously was pirating all sorts of content.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back