What's new

What are the warning signs a site is in trouble?

When a website starts talking about making you so wealthy in a way that you don't understand, you should be aware that there is a fire on the mountain and you must flee.

One of the major sign that a site will soon crash is frequent maintenance and bad connectivity gateway. Also, the admin ignoring the complaints of the creators and lack of payment as at when due.

One of the major sign that a site will soon crash is frequent maintenance and bad connectivity gateway. Also, the admin ignoring the complaints of the creators and lack of payment as at when due.

This has happened a lots of times to the Paid To Click sites. I remember there was a paid to click site that was online but the admin suddenly abandoned the site and never paid the members there

I have noticed that some sites are not ok, when they are changing the rules. Even if not all of them, but when a site changes the rules, after a while they disappear from the online world.

A few sites I worked on have closed down without warning. Has it happened to you and what are the main problems you notice before it disappears?
This has happened a lot more times than I can count.
  • When the admin stays away without responding longer times than anticipated.
  • When payment starts coming in late.
  • When the rules change drastically without consideration.
  • When only a few members get paid.
There are more but these are certainly the relative things I notice when a site is about to shut down. Most times, members are in denial and keep on working hoping it will bounce back.

One thing i have discovered about a site in distress is that when the issue of payment has started to unduely delay,and it keep reoccuring over some period,then it become a sign to worry about.

A few sites I worked on have closed down without warning. Has it happened to you and what are the main problems you notice before it disappears?
Most of such sites are scam sites.
Non scam sites would give out a warning or notice to members if they encountered any hiccups.
I haven't been on a site that closed down abruptly without warning.

I am working on a forum called jiba. The forum has limited the number of posts per day, has stopped paying good amount for threads. These are the warning signs that the forum is in trouble.

A lack of activity is also one of the major sign that a website is losing members and it will eventually get closed by the passage of time. Member activity is very important.

The traffic will start decreasing as this will show that you are losing rank on the Google search engine. Another thing is that it can take forever for the websites to load and this can also affect your search engine optimisation.

I am working on a forum called jiba. The forum has limited the number of posts per day, has stopped paying good amount for threads. These are the warning signs that the forum is in trouble.
I saw this too in Jiba and considered it a red flag. The amount paid reduced really drastically and does not make sense to be active in the forum.

They are doing cannot sustain the site currently though were told he has other project he's working on and will be back very soon.

To be very serious is going to be very difficult for you to be able to detect a website that is about to be closed down, because some can just close down without any prior notice, you just have to pray to meet website that are legit, That's all.

There are many things that could be observed in a site that could close up anytime. For instance, when sites that pay normally now starts delaying payments and many times new rules keep coming in to topple ones made at the start of operations of the site.

I have noticed that some sites are not ok, when they are changing the rules. Even if not all of them, but when a site changes the rules, after a while they disappear from the online world.
Yeah, whenever they start changing rules randomly, that becomes a warning sign that something is not okey. Most of such sites stop paying or just disappear after a while. So be very careful when the site you work in starts changing rules randomly.

Yeah, it has happened to me before. There used to be this site i download music from. It was so easy to download music from this site and they usually have all genres of music but it suddenly stopped working all of a sudden without any warning.

Some of the obvious signs are payment delays progressing to no payment at all, excuses, lack of activities, unresponsive support, etc. I have not tried as many sites as I want to so I can't really say that I have been a scam victim. I don't invest money in sites so I don't lose money at all. I may only lose the time and effort given to complete the tasks. One of the first things that make me think twice about joining a site is the lack of a feasible way for the site to earn money or gain anything indirectly from operating the site. Unless the owner pays out of pocket, workers are unlikely to be paid for their work. Such a site can't last long.​

I notice that when a site is under attack, it acts abnormally, scammers may start posting pictures, links or adverts to defraud people of their money.

Yeah, I have also seen that happenning. You visit the site and you find errors or they say they are in maintenance several times. That is a very good sign that the site might be going away.
I have had an experience with a site that was always disrupted by maintenance notification. It was not very long before the site shut down and a lot of people lost their money.

Yes.
I have been on a site that just shut down without prior warning to its members.
The problems it must have encountered were not obvious as no one saw it coming. We just had to conclude that it was one of those scam sites.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back