What's new

What are the warning signs a site is in trouble?

When you stop updating your site and stop promoting your site,that means the site is in danger. It is necessary for any site owner to continuously work for the betterment of the contents of the site.

Most sites I worked on that shutdown abruptly are mainly ponzi schemes who after ammasing people's funds get away with it through dubious means.

One major sign you should take note of is delay in or little to no new content. It could rake longer for the site to get new content like it used to. If there is a delay in payment unlike never before that is also a red sign.

There is Ponzi scheme website that was paying a lot of people and after some time they closed then reopen again saying that it was a technical fault. After about 3 weeks they closed again and ran away with people's money.

I think when some basic rules are being reviewed, also when payments are no longer as swift and plenty questions are being asked then you need to be suspicious.
Many sites that also begin with bogus plans and then From time to time review it because they couldn't keep up with people. Consistency in other words is key

There are some sites that sadly offer a lot of incentives to their uses without really bothering about where they are going to generate the revenue from. A lot of sites that have gone downhill so do not value they are members.

The first thing you must be observing is when you message the admin and they didn't reply you at all. A functioning website will definitely have a good admin system that will work on the needs of the members

Users will be sent to non-existent web pages if they click on a broken link. Nothing is more aggravating than encountering a “404-Page Not Found” error when browsing a website.

Some of these sites don't just close down because it has a problem or anything like that. They just closed down because their subscription for the domain where made for a very short period because they're a fraud

Most sites that close down unabruptly are mostly Ponzi sites disguising as investment sites and before the site closes down permanently, there would have been a delay in loading the website prior to the date it stops working.

You can never be too careful about any of this website. Some of them won't give you any sign and next thing you just see that they are no where to be found again. And that's it

The signs are usually very obvious as it will range from delay in payment , inactive support / admin and site not easily accessible for most times .

One of the biggest signs I have seen is when a site keeps changing its rules. This lack if stability is a telltale sign that it might go scam. Also, the reviews that other site owners and users have about a certain site or its admin could be right many times.

You should notice a slow down in load time, and also some pages that were coming on no longer available. Some other signs are possible as well.

I have worked in such sites that have disappeared suddenly. One of the main signs I saw was sudden delay or no payments for a while. Another good sign is when the admin goes silent and does not respond to the users' inquiries.

Most of the sites that closes or disappear suddenly are HYIP sites which comes and go within two weeks or some month at worse, most of the sign you will notice is that there will be a delay in payment.

If the site starts delaying payment and keeps your payment pending for a a couple of weeks, that's a warning sign. When Bubblews kept my payment pending for 2 months, I should have understood that the site was in trouble.

A few sites I worked on have closed down without warning. Has it happened to you and what are the main problems you notice before it disappears?
Some times the website that short down without letting the members to know haveany reason with good and bad ones. There are some websites that short down because they do not have enough find to continue while some are to steal people's money by not paying them

In knowing when a site is in distress you have to be vigilant. When there are widespread delay in payment, when enquiries are not replied to, when they start having regular technical issues.

Yeah it is indeed true that there are some sites that do close down with any notices prior, and thinking back I can't really pinpoint of there was anything different before the said close Up

The answer depends on the kind of site. Most of the money making sites or ponzi schemes woruld not show any clear signs but most of the HYIP sites usually turn into a scam after many investors invest into the site and the site becomes old. This is because they no longer have new investors to pay the old investors and the HYIP site eventually closes.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back