What's new

What are the main factors that cause PayPal accounts to be restricted?

Arwhank

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Nov 2, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Paypal is a very good payment tool because the transaction is fast and can also be used in various countries but why have I recently seen in my own country that some of their accounts are limited and can only be opened within 180 days, approximately guess What causes their account to be like that, do they use multiple accounts on one device or have they ever made unfair transactions?

I don't think PayPal will restrict your account if you use multiple accounts on one device. The only time when they restrict accounts is when something suspicious is going on with your transactions. Either you receive or send money from/to a suspicious website or account

I don't think PayPal will restrict your account if you use multiple accounts on one device. The only time when they restrict accounts is when something suspicious is going on with your transactions. Either you receive or send money from/to a suspicious website or account
Sorry in advance. Can you explain or provide an example of what a suspicious transaction looks like because until now I have not understood what a suspicious transaction is.

Generally speaking, PayPal will only restrict an account, if there are way too many cases of people trying to reverse transactions, regardless of reason (ex. paying someone to do something and trying to reverse the transaction before they could do the thing); or if there are people constantly submitting fraud tickets.

The country you live in, PayPal features might be limited there.
And if you haven't confirmed your account by providing details like national ID card or any other means of identification.
And also if they sense fraud/scam is about to take place on your account. They may limit features

Sorry in advance. Can you explain or provide an example of what a suspicious transaction looks like because until now I have not understood what a suspicious transaction is.
For example when you receive a large amount of money in your PayPal account they will become suspicious because they want to know from where you get all of a sudden so much money in your account.

One of the reasons is when they detect suspicious transactions in your account. My account was limited last year because I had started investing in a certain site that was not compatible with PayPal. So I would receive my money but it was put on hold many times for twenty four hours then eventually, the account was limited.

I've been using PayPal for many years and until last year, you could not say a single word against it without me jumping to its defence. Last year, PayPal suspended my account and to this day, I don't know for sure what the issue was. I gave them a tongue lashing until they eventually unsuspended it. This week, it's happened again - again no explanation.

I must explain I haven't used my account for a while now, so I honestly don't know what suspicious activity could have been taking place when it's been lying virtually dormant. What I don't like about PayPal is the fact that sometimes they don't tell you definitively what is supposed to have happened. And then trying to seek assistance from them is a mammoth task. I don't think suspending an account for 180 days is the answer, it's actually ridiculous.

I've had it with PayPal and quite frankly, if all the online sites I'm a member of didn't require it, I'd start looking for alternatives, of which there are countless. I've even discovered some payment processors have a much more favourable rate! PayPal has become so overrated it's unreal!

cheating, frauding... if Paypal finds a high percentage of those actions from a specific country, they will ban whole the country.

PayPal is very secure payment gateway for Swift transactions. It has very active software that checkmate transactions between accounts and if found wanting, such accounts will be limited.

cheating, frauding... if Paypal finds a high percentage of those actions from a specific country, they will ban whole the country.

Wow, Paypal can ban the whole country off the back of widespread cheating or committing fraud?! Without naming any specific countries, I suppose that's why there are many countries that aren't eligible to join it. The only thing that comforts me is that there's not a lot of PayPal users in my country anyway.

Wow, Paypal can ban the whole country off the back of widespread cheating or committing fraud?! Without naming any specific countries, I suppose that's why there are many countries that aren't eligible to join it. The only thing that comforts me is that there's not a lot of PayPal users in my country anyway.
Paypal has banned many African countries due to those abuse actions, and to be honest I'm with Paypal in this decision.

On certain sites, it had been abandoned, they said due to its high transaction fees.
However, now Paypal (for now only in the USA), also deals with cryptocurrencies. For this reason, I believe it will certainly be relaunched.
In my opinion, it is the best wallet I know.

One of the reasons is when they detect suspicious transactions in your account. My account was limited last year because I had started investing in a certain site that was not compatible with PayPal. So I would receive my money but it was put on hold many times for twenty four hours then eventually, the account was limited.
This is another very good example. PayPal will limit your account if you receive payments from websites that are suspicious. In the past PayPal used to limit your account if you bought or sold cryptocurrencies transactions. Strange because now you can even buy crypto on their own platform

This is another very good example. PayPal will limit your account if you receive payments from websites that are suspicious. In the past PayPal used to limit your account if you bought or sold cryptocurrencies transactions. Strange because now you can even buy crypto on their own platform
Yeah, in fact mine was limited because the site I was recieving money from was a bitcoin exchange site. It was a good site to invest in since you could exchange bitcoin and get a high interest. Unfortunately, I had to stop because of PayPal limitation.

Paypal has banned many African countries due to those abuse actions, and to be honest I'm with Paypal in this decision.
My country of Botswana is not banned and can still use PayPal. I believe PayPal's decision to ban certain countries stems largely from crime and money laundering activities and to be fair, my country's level of crime is among the lowest in the world. But having said that, my PayPal account is UK-based, thank God.

Hmm, I don't think PayPal with penalise you when you have double account on their site. They're even looking for more customers who can come create account with them so they can be making more money.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back