What's new

What are the disadvantages of owning a BlogSpot domain?

As a hosted platform, you have limited control over the design and functionality of your blog. While there are a variety of themes available, customization options may be limited.

i created a new site using blogger.com as my hosting provider, and the domain name i used had blogspot.com as the domain extension.
now the issue is that i intend to build this site to attract more visitors and on the long run, apply for google AdSense, but a friend of mine is discouraging me from using the BlogSpot extension as he said i might not get approved for AdSense.
please is there anyone here that has used the above extension to apply for google AdSense and what where the challenges you encountered?
You can change the domain name. Just go and buy a domain name with any registrar of your choice, and go to your blog dashboard to change it. If you don't know how to change it, then look for videos on youtube that explain it.

There are many things wrong with a free blogspot domain name. If you're running a business blog or website, people won't take it serious. You can't apply on ad networks with your free blogspot domain too. It'll be difficult to even get AdSense approval with that free domain.

It is not ideal to run your business with blogspot because it is a free domain. Anything free domain cannot be claimed total ownership.
The public would not rate high any businesses running on blogspot.

Some disadvantages are limited control and customization, lack of professional appearance, branding limitations, dependency on the platform, limited monetization options and SEO limitations.

With a blogspot blog, you should be able to get adsense no problem. The problem imo, comes down to the domain itself. If you could, I would switch it to a more traditional domain, one that doesn't say blogspot. You can buy domains for a blogspot site, but you may need to pay for blogspot.

I haven't used blogspot in years so I can't 100% say what to do here.

You end up never fully owning your site which can be problematic. For people who just want to do a simple personal blog, this is no big deal but if you are looking to make good revenue from it, you are better off using your own domain.

While BlogSpot (also known as Blogger) can be a convenient and free platform for starting a blog, it does come with some disadvantages compared to self-hosted platforms or custom domain options. Here are some of the disadvantages of owning a BlogSpot domain:

1. Limited Customization
  2. Limited Features
  3. SEO Limitations
  4. Security Concerns

While BlogSpot (also known as Blogger) can be a convenient and free platform for starting a blog, it does come with some disadvantages compared to self-hosted platforms or custom domain options. Here are some of the disadvantages of owning a BlogSpot domain:

1. Limited Customization
  2. Limited Features
  3. SEO Limitations
  4. Security Concerns
The problem that you need a domain name on certain period of your life, because most of advertising networks requires having at least one, so with blogspot extension, in half of advertising media your website is may rejected and this is because they think if an owner doesn't have domain name either site under construction or not having enough interaction.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back