What's new

What are the disadvantages of owning a BlogSpot domain?

eenya00

Eben
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 8, 2021
USD
$0.1000USD
Biznotes
i created a new site using blogger.com as my hosting provider, and the domain name i used had blogspot.com as the domain extension.
now the issue is that i intend to build this site to attract more visitors and on the long run, apply for google AdSense, but a friend of mine is discouraging me from using the BlogSpot extension as he said i might not get approved for AdSense.
please is there anyone here that has used the above extension to apply for google AdSense and what where the challenges you encountered?

i created a new site using blogger.com as my hosting provider, and the domain name i used had blogspot.com as the domain extension.
now the issue is that i intend to build this site to attract more visitors and on the long run, apply for google AdSense, but a friend of mine is discouraging me from using the BlogSpot extension as he said i might not get approved for AdSense.
please is there anyone here that has used the above extension to apply for google AdSense and what where the challenges you encountered?
Anyone who has built a blog to make money will tell you not to use free Blogger or WordPress blogs to avoid complications. There are cheap services as low as $1 per month. You can save up so you don't have to spend more later.

Anyone who has built a blog to make money will tell you not to use free Blogger or WordPress blogs to avoid complications. There are cheap services as low as $1 per month. You can save up so you don't have to spend more later.
Wow, thank you so much for your reply, but can you outline why you feel it is not a good decision because I recently watch some YouTubers claim it is perfect for AdSense but again I am skeptical about some YouTube videos because I know some of the channel aims is to to get more viewers

When you create a blog on blogger, you will get blogspot subdomain. If you want to create a site for free and monetize with adsnese, you can do it through blogspot site. However, getting traffic on blogspot is really difficult because people do not trust free websites.

Wow, thank you so much for your reply, but can you outline why you feel it is not a good decision because I recently watch some YouTubers claim it is perfect for AdSense but again I am skeptical about some YouTube videos because I know some of the channel aims is to to get more viewers
Most people who are into blogging to make money, and not just selling information about how to blog stand by this. Have you ever noticed any blog that has the .blogger extension on first page?
It is better to be safe than to be sorry.

The reason I abaddon my first website was because I afraid it'll not be easy to monetize website created and hosted on blogspot. And that's true. I read somewhere that you can monetized site created with blog post but I know it's not going to be easy. My advice is if you don't want to abaddon your website, I will advice you to buy a domain from a reputable registrar and mapped it to the website. It's possible. Having a blog post domain will make people to look down on your website.

Owning a BlogSpot domain has the main drawback of not offering as much versatility as a custom domain. You can only use the functions, features, and designs that the BlogSpot platform provides with a BlogSpot domain.

I think people mostly complain about the traffic that they get from Blogspot. A lot of them complain that they do not always get enough traffic. I have seen that a lot

When you create a blog on blogger, you will get blogspot subdomain. If you want to create a site for free and monetize with adsnese, you can do it through blogspot site. However, getting traffic on blogspot is really difficult because people do not trust free websites.
what i did with my bolgspot site was that i bought a very cheap domain from namecheap.com which was a xyz extension and i linked it to the hosting provider been blogspot.

what i did with my bolgspot site was that i bought a very cheap domain from namecheap.com which was a xyz extension and i linked it to the hosting provider been blogspot.
If you want to run a blog without spending money on hosting, you can use blogger platform. You can buy a custom domain and then map your domain with your blogger account. THisis good option for people who want to start a website for cheap.

At least you need to have a domain name if you are not going to paid hosting solutions for your blog to look like profesionnal. Making blog without domain name will be harder for being approved on adsence media.

At least you need to have a domain name if you are not going to paid hosting solutions for your blog to look like profesionnal. Making blog without domain name will be harder for being approved on adsence media.
I spent less than $50 for a domain name and hosting too. This is something that I can easily make in a month working on different ptp forums.

I spent less than $50 for a domain name and hosting too. This is something that I can easily make in a month working on different ptp forums.
Even wordpress has paid hosting plans anywhere because you could have hosting with wordpress while each hosting has increased advantages for wordpress too.

Even wordpress has paid hosting plans anywhere because you could have hosting with wordpress while each hosting has increased advantages for wordpress too.
i do not know if wordpress have a hosting plan and i am actually hearing this for the very first time, because i get to access wordpress after paying for hosting from a hosting company.

i do not know if wordpress have a hosting plan and i am actually hearing this for the very first time, because i get to access wordpress after paying for hosting from a hosting company.
There is two wordpress websites wordpress.com and wordpress.org where there is some hosting plans for each website accessible then this is the truth you need to buy a domain name a subscription to a plan.

For businesses, a blogspot domain is not advisable as well as for bloggers who are opting to monetize your content. It is advisable to purchase paid domains.

For businesses, a blogspot domain is not advisable as well as for bloggers who are opting to monetize your content. It is advisable to purchase paid domains.
I think that Gmail offers purchase domain name for Blogspot one but even the free script sometimes looks to be not professional this is why people goes to paid version of CMS.

Just because you can run adsense ads and amazon ads on your blogspot domain does not mean you will also get traffic and thus generate revenue. It is really difficult to earn with free site.

Just because you can run adsense ads and amazon ads on your blogspot domain does not mean you will also get traffic and thus generate revenue. It is really difficult to earn with free site.
If someone doesn't even have 50 $ to run a hosting people will not make a lot of interest in his website and this is the reason behind this because people think that this is a free website and doesn't pass a lot of time on it.

Technically speaking, you can make money from your free site but on a practical point of view, it is quite difficult because you visitors do not take free sites seriously.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back