What's new

What are the differences between face to face and over the phone support?

In person customers service or face-to-face customers service as said need more experts to handle because you have to be in control of your emotions while engaging your customers cos customers may act weird at times.

Definitely one of them is appearance. They way you appear during a face to face customer service matters while over the phone, nobody cares
I've actually had a lot of experiences with face-to-face dealing with customer service representative and online dealing with customer service representative and I am more comfortable with dealing with face-to-face customer service representative because they attend to my needs very quickly.

I've actually had a lot of experiences with face-to-face dealing with customer service representative and online dealing with customer service representative and I am more comfortable with dealing with face-to-face customer service representative because they attend to my needs very quickly.
This is one good reason. You can always tell when you are not given proper attention during face to face encounter. This would prompt faster actions

Face to face customer service is better than on phone customer service in that, the customer gets more attention and the problem is fixed right away. On the other hand, on phone customer service can be disrupted by mobile network without you getting your problem fixed.

Face-to-face has to do with a customer being physically present, while over the phone has to do with, using the phone either by calls or sending messages via email or support ticket to get an issue solved. The both are effective but I normally prefer over the phone because of time restraints and management.
That would have to be when the complainant do not really have the time to go all out to the care center.But i personally like a situation where i would be present to lay my complain,because they will give me more attention.

This is one good reason. You can always tell when you are not given proper attention during face to face encounter. This would prompt faster actions
Exactly, it's why I recommend and fancy face to face dealing with customers service representatives because when they are at work in the office, they will always take their jobs seriously.

How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?
In the face to face customer service, the customer gets full attention from the service attendant, problems can be easily fixed or resolved with the face to face system. the over the phone system may suffer network issues, and proper attention may not be accorded customers.

Face to face is more reliable than phone call. It's just that you will need to put on a good facial expression to create a good impression, but over the phone you will not need all of that, is just to speak fluently and been being nice to attend to customers.

Face to face is more reliable than phone call. It's just that you will need to put on a good facial expression to create a good impression, but over the phone you will not need all of that, is just to speak fluently and been being nice to attend to customers.
There are some online customer services representatives that are not supposed to be given the job because they lack call ethics or manners. I have had several experiences with a lot of them and once that's done, I'd lose interest in dealing with the company again. These bad workers ruin businesses for companies especially when they don't record their calls for training purpose.

I really appreciate face to face customers because I like to communicate personal not phone support, so communicating face to face will really draw closer to that customers than phone support.

Face to face customer service means that the client appears in person to the customer care desk for seeking for either clarifications or other services by the customer care representative whereas over the phone service is when a client talks to the customer care representative about a clarification or seeking for services through communicating over the phone.

In person customers service or face-to-face customers service as said need more experts to handle because you have to be in control of your emotions while engaging your customers cos customers may act weird at times.
That is the more reason why persons that are the interface of the organisation are seen as the image of the organisation,because there are certain quality like paying attention to details and being calm and polite as part of their attributes.

With face to face , you have the opportunity of asking every question bothering you about the business , so there won't be any stone left untouchable, but you forget most things with over the phone

Actually face to face customers service with customers has do deal with direct contact of the customers with the service provider. and phone is an indirect contact with the customers and all are good for business.

The most important thing at the end of the day is that the customers needs has been solved. You should always try to give them the options of meeting you physically or online.

Face to face is vastly different. Dealing with someone head on, face to face isn't always fun. You see them, they see you. I prefer phone calls or over voice meetings instead of face to face support. It's just a lot easier to talk to a customer I think. And if you have issues, you can always have them hold. You can't really do that when face to face.

What I do, doesn't really require me to see people face to face, so I'm not too worried about it.

The difference with the both of them is that there is more real life interaction whenever you are meeting face-to-face but my problem with it is that it is time consuming.

Face to face support requires real conversation where you will be able to ask for every details about a particular thing , while sometimes if you are a shy kind of person , you need to use the phone support in order to be free to ask questions .

How do you think face-to-face customer service is different from over-the-phone customer service? Are there certain skills needed for face-to-face customer service that are not needed for over-the-phone customer service?
I think during face-to-face customer service ensures that you can see the body language of the customer service agent which is not available through calls. In some cases, the body language shown by the agent can help the customer decide the next course of action

The major difference between face to face and over the phone support is down to one thing - emotions. Some emotions are better portrayed and understood when dealing face to face.
Skills necessary for face to face support include psychological, communication skills and a lot of patience
That is very correct, because when issues are talked over the phone the other party might not know how serious the issue at hand is,you being present will show your egarness and seriousness on the issue.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back