What's new

What are the challenges facing the agricultural sector in Africa?

One major problem that u think is the cause for this loss or rationing in the agriculturals that we are not doing things the wrong way and most teach it m

Agriculture comprised crop productions and animals productions. It's used to be major source of revenue for some African countries before the discovery of oil and gas in those countries but this time around, the sector is in coma because their are lots of challenges facing the sector which includes poor farm tool, lack of access to grants and loans, poor road network and so on. These are some of the challenges before farmers in Africa which may differ from those in other continents. What are the challenges facing agric-businesses in your country?
Agricultural sector face many challenges which make farming yield poorly. The challenges farmers face are: unfavorable weather conditions, lack of manure and fertilizer, lack of money to get farm tools and seedlings to plant crops, inadequate man power for both crop and livestock farming.

Agricultural sector face many challenges which make farming yield poorly. The challenges farmers face are: unfavorable weather conditions, lack of manure and fertilizer, lack of money to get farm tools and seedlings to plant crops, inadequate man power for both crop and livestock farming.
All these things you mentioned are actually the cost, like in my location the main issue the agricultural sector is facing is lack of resources, be it capital, materials and even man power. These are seriously lacking, In terms of weather conditions and soil texture, there is no problem there.

Agriculture comprised crop productions and animals productions. It's used to be major source of revenue for some African countries before the discovery of oil and gas in those countries but this time around, the sector is in coma because their are lots of challenges facing the sector which includes poor farm tool, lack of access to grants and loans, poor road network and so on. These are some of the challenges before farmers in Africa which may differ from those in other continents. What are the challenges facing agric-businesses in your country?
The most challenges most agricultural are facing in my country right now is the problem they are facing on their farmland by Fulani herdsmen, and they are really disturbing their crops planting as well.

In my country, people look down a lot on agriculture while the pursue the crumbs of white collar jobs, thinking that they are way better than those in agricultural sector. But the true is that, you can actually use your acquired education from the University to make it big in agriculture and also make it more appealing to the eyes of the ignorant public.

One major challenge is capital, there is land, and sometimes people are ready to work but there is no way of funding them and even if you chose to fund them, some set of people will loot the funds thereby leaving the farmers helpless.

The problems facing the development of the agricultural sector of our economy in Africa is the unavailability of individual government presence to support the peasant farmers

There's an imbalance or clash of interest between nomads and the Farmers and that is the first challenge to agriculture in Africa especially Nigeria. Secondly the government is trying its best but corruption Winslet what belongs to the Farmers get to them so that it can be a form of help

New product is really challenging,there are different things that needs to be put in place before the product can be among the most demanding

Most people in the rural settlement lack the required money that is necessary to start up agricultural business and this is one of the problem that faces a lot of agricultural sectors here in Africa, disease and crop pest is also a challenge.
one of the major problem facing the agricultural sector is the issue of access to fund to carry out their work.And also the unavialabilty of newer and improved ways of carrying out modern farming and livestock farming.

Poor farming scheme
Improperly fertilised lands
No fund or support from the government
Bad roads
No proper irrigation method
Choice of land and seeds

The major challenge facing the agricultural sector is basically funding. Most of the farmers needs fund to expand their farmland. With an expansion, mechanised farming would become very necessary. Without adequate funding, it would not be possible.

The major challenge facing the agricultural sector is basically funding. Most of the farmers needs fund to expand their farmland. With an expansion, mechanised farming would become very necessary. Without adequate funding, it would not be possible.
Yes, I am very much aware of this particular issue, the major issue of most farmers is usually the funding, there was a point in time whereby the government in my country tried to create loans specially for farmers but I don't think it's working for everyone, cause people still complain about funds.

The significant difficulty that's dealing with the farming that's use poor quality throughout the installing, however farming industry is actually the among very most profitable industry.

The major challenges to the best of my knowledge is mechanised farming, most farmers iny country do not have the necessary tools to harvest their crops easily, which affects the output

The challenges facing the agricultural sector in Africa are very many. Starting with corruption by the government officials whose responsibility it is to give these farmers good seedlings and subsidized farming implements affect a lot of development

The factors affecting agricultural sector in Africa might be seen to be;
Loss of soil fertility
Climate change
Water scarcity
Post-harvest losses

I think the only challenge on agricultural sector in Africa is not having enough capital, capital has been the major challenge,I know it sounds some how,but I think when you have the enough , it won't be a problem to you to tackle some of those challenges

Agricultural economic suffer a big challenges in terms of bad road, bad weather, poor communication system, lack of infrastructure and others

Just because of less rain, they already have problems with water supply and they also lack in quality seeds as well as latest technology which we used in worldwide and quite expansive for them.
A lot of things are wrong with the way and method of doing farming in africa,lack of adequate modern tools for farming.Irrigation farming is another issue.And extension officers to train farmers on the modern farming methods of farming.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back