What's new

What are the challenges facing the agricultural sector in Africa?

Some of the major challenges facing agriculture in Africa includes : ignorance as some people think that farming is meant for the poor, lack of funds, bad roads etc.

Most farmers over here are poor and they don't have access to machinery to produce agricultural products on the large scales that we bringing more profit. Climate change is one of the problem faced by the agriculture over here. Majority of them don't have the financial capacity to erect irrigation during the dry season.

Some of the challenges facing agriculture in Africa is lack of funds to purchase the right tools needed for work, government policies, bad road network, transportation problems.

Agriculture is the combination of crop and animal production. It's a lucrative business but when a farmer has no money to finance it becomes a big challenge, apart from the good roads, fertilizer, and equipment that will make the farming easy.

As I can see lack of good transportation network is the most challenging things in the African farming system, electricity, lack of technical know how are also among.

You have already stated the main challenges we are currently facing here in Africa, one of the challenge is we are have bad roads for transportations.

Aftica is blessed with good lands and great soil for farming. Lets take nigeria for example. Our greatest problem is the fact that government are puting all effort in just one sector, therefore neglecting every other sector
that's very true. we are blessed with good Lands for cultivation of plants and also rearing of animals. but what do you think is way out to bring solution to all this government issue?

that's very true. we are blessed with good Lands for cultivation of plants and also rearing of animals. but what do you think is way out to bring solution to all this government issue?
Honestly I don't think we can actually do anything physically, cause the hearts of the government are like stone. The best solution would be a total and complete change of government.

Honestly I don't think we can actually do anything physically, cause the hearts of the government are like stone. The best solution would be a total and complete change of government.
that's true. they have a Stony heart there's nothing to do physically to solve this problem. but what do you think can we do to soften this there Stony heart?what do you think Is best thing to do?

that's true. they have a Stony heart there's nothing to do physically to solve this problem. but what do you think can we do to soften this there Stony heart?what do you think Is best thing to do?
Personally I think it's just prayers, cause if we even decide to come together to fight against them, it would lead to lost of lives, like the case we saw during the end sars riot.

Personally I think it's just prayers, cause if we even decide to come together to fight against them, it would lead to lost of lives, like the case we saw during the end sars riot.
that's true. there is no need to fight because out lives has not value in their hands the best thing to do is to keep on praying and also to seek God's face daily.

In terms of Africa Agricultural Sector, Africans has a very big and difficult challenges that is hard for them to handle, challenges like, bad road, bad weather condition, bad farming equipment and others.

It is the government in some countries of Africa that is making things very difficult to farmers because they do not provide good road network for transportation, they do not also provide loan or provide all the necessary tools and equipment that is needed for people engaged in farming activities conveniently.

the main challenges of the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa. It includes gender disparities, dependence on rain-fed agriculture, low use of irrigation, limited public investment and institutional support

Majority of the Farmers over here don't have the capacity to engage in farming on large scales because they are very poor and don't have access to fund. The agricultural development Bank over here is not functioning properly and only available for those who are politically inclined with the government.

I think the only challenge on agricultural sector in Africa is not having enough capital, capital has been the major challenge,I know it sounds some how,but I think when you have the enough , it won't be a problem to you to tackle some of those challenges
That is one of the challanges they face quit alright,but other factor are included,like the lack of required seedlings for planting and the technical know how to improve production,lack of morden farming equipment is another.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back