What's new

Were you ever forced to shut down a website?

There was never a time I was ever forced or asked tonshirt down my website for any reason. I don't think I have even heard of anyone saying they've been asked to short down their website before either

I have never run a website yet but I don't think I would ever get to shut down my website for any reason what so ever

Have you ever been forced to shut down a website? Maybe it had copyrighted material, or a domain name that was owned by a company. Have you ever been forced to shut down? And if so, what happened?

Personally, I don't own any functional website, so there wouldn't be any possibility of having it shut down for any reason whatsoever. It's set up using Blogspot which I hardly visit because of lack of time.

the truth is that I have never owned a website,but I think if you are been asked to shut down a website,but i think if you are been asked to shut down a website the website might be a violation

Have you ever been forced to shut down a website? Maybe it had copyrighted material, or a domain name that was owned by a company. Have you ever been forced to shut down? And if so, what happened?
No,have not it and I don't really have a website now but even if I do in the future it will be out of personal interest and I cannot shut it down so easily..... It is the best for us to avoid copying of content most especially those with copy right.

A few of my websites are blocked only in india by government agencies for exposing corrupt, financial fraud since well paid government employees are falsely claiming to own the website, paypal account of a private citizen they hate, criminally defame. No one has asked me to shut down the websites.

By the way, do you know anyone who was forced to shut down a website? I have never heard of anyone who was forced to close the site due to domain or website issues. Once you build a website, only you can close it down.

Although, I do not have a website, but I have know people who were advise or convince to sell there website because the can not run the payment and others.

I have not been able to own a website , so i haven't had anything to do with the closing or shutting down a website, but in your own case , using pictures of actors is a copyright infrigement.
There was a website that I know which closed because it was using so many pictures of actors in the movie industry. When the copyright law was imposed the owner of the site asked our office if the posted pictures without permission is not legal. Our boss advised the website owner to just abandon or to close the site to avoid legal issues.

No I haven't been forced to shut down a website but I can imagine that once your site name is infringing a lot of rules, you'll have no choice but to shut it down so you don't lose on both ends.
This is part of what the business owner or web developer should consider or research about before putting up any site.

I have opened several blogs and was forced to close it down not by anybody but by my own decision. I made this decision I started some of these blogs with an enthusiasm and along the line I got discouraged and quitted.
"Discouraged" maybe the reason being that you never got the result you expected. Shutting it down was the right thing to do, other spend time on something that wouldn't work out

no, I was never forced to close a site. I don't know why you could suffer like that and if anyone suffered from it. What solutions did you come up with in the end?

I have opened several blogs and was forced to close it down not by anybody but by my own decision. I made this decision I started some of these blogs with an enthusiasm and along the line I got discouraged and quitted.
From what you have said, you have tried this more than once. If I might ask, what motivated you in the first place to even try this out?

Even though I don't have a website I am running at the moment, but I will like to know too if there are things one will do that can cause one to be forced to shut down his or her website. This knowledge can really help those that are planning to create website in the future. Thanks for sharing.

I have never shut down a website because I don't have one, sometimes people shut down their websites due to lack of time and resources to manage it, right now am not interested in having a website.

Well, I am not a website owner and I have never comes across such situation of which you may be forced to shut down your site. The question is that which agencies will responsible for that?
Well, I have never been forced to shut down my site and I dont think such situation can ever exist this is because there are several procedure for they development of site and the practice can not be the same not even the name.

Last edited:
I have never been asked to shut down my business for any reason. this has never happened to me because I engage myself in doing the right thing for every website I want to set up. I register a unique brandable domain name for my website. I pay for unique logo for my website as well as the content.

This is something that i have never had happen before however i have seen that there is a lot of sites that have had to close down because of copyright claims to their site and maybe even the code behind it as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back