What's new
  • Please note to have a link in an article you must first request permission from the administrator and pay a fee. You can read more information here.

Web Design: Design A Great Site

How a website is designed is important when it comes to keeping a customer's interest. Visit a few of the most well known websites to see how they are designed. You will find that there are major differences in the appearance and useability of these very different sites. By reading these tips, you will feel more informed about how to go about designing your own site.

Be sure your site has a tagline everyone can see. This is a statement or motto to define your business. The tagline serves to entice people to linger at your website rather than just pass through. Research shows that visitors spend roughly 8 seconds deciding if a website is worth exploring further. So make your tagline count.

Keep your eyes open for web design information, you never know where you will find it. An Internet search on your computer will give you access to a lot of info.

Make sure your site passes the NoScript test. The NoScript extension that is available for Firefox can be used to see if the site can still be read. Some types of content, such as product ordering systems, won't work without scripts, however if your website looks completely blank without any scripts, you have work to do.

Incorporate a search function that lets visitors find what they need. When a visitor wants to find something specifically, they will immediately look for the search tool. If you do not have one, the viewer will find another site. Always put the search box on the page's upper right corner, since this is where visitors usually look first.

Make sure your website is easily scanned. Many usability tests show that most online visitors do not read everything. They usually only scan for things that interest them. Break text into sections with headers that can be scanned easily by your readers. Place the most vital info on the top of the page. In this way, your visitors will have a good experience and get the information they need.

Be sure your introductory page is clean and simple. People looking around will decide right away if they wish to use your site just by how your homepage looks. Make sure that you provide a very clear description about your business or other purpose for your site. Other information on your site should be minimal, but still clear, so that you don't overwhelm your visitors.

To help new web designers make good sites, use Photoshop. By using this type of program, a novice designer will be able to make high quality looking websites at a fast pace. If you don't use such a program, it can be difficult and take a lot of time to learn how to design a high-quality site in a hurry.

You may not come up with the next big thing on the web. Overall, the chances of making a worldwide known site is slim. However, it's not at all impossible for you to use your web design skills and create a page that is unique and profitable. Use what you've learned here, and start designing your website today.

If your site is a content site, a blog for example, show the latest posts on the home page. Your home page should also show trending post and recent comments. If your website is an online store, have a landing page that will take the visitors to hot sales.

I think these are the ways of designing great sites
  1. Keep your design balanced.
  2. Compartmentalize your design by using grids.
  3. Pick two or three base colors at most for your design.
  4. Try to make the graphics go well together.
  5. Improve your website's typography.
  6. Make elements stand out by adding white space around them.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Website design needs lots of technicalities the best thing is to ensure that you are well-equipped before you venture into web designing. It's one of my dream career but I don't really have much time to learn about it.

To be a really good website designer you must ensure you pay close attention to details as this would help you to spot all the initial deficiencies of your website to give a really good final design for your website.

It'll be helpful for every beginner to get acquainted with the projects of well-known design companies. All artists have a unique feature, and it'll be useful for you to learn why ready-made projects of certain companies are gaining popularity. Of course, no one will reveal secrets, but an attentive person will notice important things without additional hints. For example, I like sites designed by https://www.designslurp.com/. I'm a fan of minimalism, so their site look gave me an idea of the product they could offer me as a customer.

Your website design should match the niche and content of your website. An online store is entirely different from a blog or a forum, therefore, the design strategies that work for your online store will not work for blogs or forums. Having a landing page for online store can be really good to pull your visitors right into your main products but this might not be good for forums or blogs.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back