What's new

Watching TV at night?

Keranov

I have read that watching TV at night is bad for your eyes and health. Is anyone here doing that?

I watch TV at night mainly around 3-4 AM till I fall asleep. Sometimes I also watch movies on my computer instead of the TV.

I watch tv on my tablet at night whilst in bed which probably isn't good for me.
I have watched movies on my phone at night too. It's not that bad if you turn the brightness on your phone down. But yes, overall it's not good for our health.

Yes!. I agreed to this "watching TV at night is bad for your eyes and health". Due to radiation of your device that emits upon used.
Even though our human body has the ability to cure and healed itself through time. A prolong use of any electronic devices will slowly damaged a persons DNA. However, It will take a long time to effect these damaged cell of a person may be 5 to 10 years and after that you will see the sign and symptoms of the sickness or disease.

There are some anti-glare glasses you can buy. Since I'm on computers so much - I might consider them.

Yes!. I agreed to this "watching TV at night is bad for your eyes and health". Due to radiation of your device that emits upon used.
Even though our human body has the ability to cure and healed itself through time. A prolong use of any electronic devices will slowly damaged a persons DNA. However, It will take a long time to effect these damaged cell of a person may be 5 to 10 years and after that you will see the sign and symptoms of the sickness or disease.

Well, to be honest, what doesn't cause cancer? How could we possibly shield ourselves from all the danger?

There are some anti-glare glasses you can buy. Since I'm on computers so much - I might consider them.

Well, to be honest, what doesn't cause cancer? How could we possibly shield ourselves from all the danger?
In my opinion you can shield yourself by minimizing the exposure and usage that are leading to this problem. There is no 100% protection to any man made products, there are always side effects.

I'm not fond of watching tv because it always hurt my eyes. I spent less time watching on it. Although, it's fun to watch but I value my eyes more than anything. I take care of my eyes. Without it, it will be a dull life.

I am watching TV on laptop so not spending much time on Television, although we all love but time is money in these days. In the college days ive used to watch in the night, but later never discovered to watch again since no time.

Watching the television at night can be a good thing since it helps sets our mood before we go to sleep. We just have to be careful of what we watch because there is a possibility that we can dream about it. Listening to music after watching the television can help if what we watched are scary movies.

I honestly don't watch much TV at all - but I am guilty of scrolling my smartphone late at night. I need to stop that, not just for my eyes but for my ability to get to sleep!

Actually we don't own a TV. So, can it considered watching on my laptop and mobile phone? My watching time is only at night up until dawn. That's only my free time because I have to work from noon to late night. So I always look forward to watch my favorite series and variety shows. It's only my stress-reliever and me time of the day.

Last edited:
I only watch TV at night when I don't have internet connection of if I don't have pending jobs to do with my devices. So I think my eyes is already damage even if I don't watch TV because I am always facing my PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone. And it is so freaking hard having a bad eye guys so please take a good care of your eyes.

Not really but.. if I do I use apps for warmer colors. Eyes aren't hurting that much with those apps. I really recommend them.

I have read that watching TV at night is bad for your eyes and health. Is anyone here doing that?

I watch TV at night mainly around 3-4 AM till I fall asleep. Sometimes I also watch movies on my computer instead of the TV.
What isn’t bad for you these days. People are ignorant with these articles telling you what is good and what isn’t. Who the fuck cares lol

I love watching TV shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime late at night. It's actually the time where I probably watch most of my TV shows because I can't really go to sleep easily without doing something and getting tired. So watching my favourite TV shows is good for me since it tends to get me tired quickly.

I always watch television at night, but at a minimum of 3 meters away, since seeing very close damages the view, just like watching the tablet or phones at night and more when the lights are off, it affects more in the long term.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back