Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
A word of warning. I received a couple DMs on Discord recently, with a message stating I had won 0.15btc (bitcoin) for being a member of a bitcoin discord server, which equals out to $8,000+. They included a promo code and a site for how to enter. I knew it was a scam right away, but wanted to share the details to everyone here. If you receive a message like this, ignore it, block the person that sent, and report it to Discord if you can.

The site they pointed to in the DM was called cryptopye. I checked the site details and it looks to have been created just last month, so that's another sign right there. I won't link to it, as I don't want people to actually access the site, as it's probably got problems of its own.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn you all. Because I think it was a mass DM kind of thing, so many people who use Discord may have gotten the same exact message.

Hi there! Has there been an update if this was found to really be a scam? As I also received the same message and tried to register on the website using a dummy account.

That is another trick of scammers, its good that you realized their latest way of scamming people on discord. They want to get your credentials for phishing attacks. It is wise for you to come here to share such scamming alert to save others from falling victim.

People who are greedy are the ones that falls into these scams. I have seen many sad stories about how people have been scammed through such discord messages ,yet I still see people who fail to this cheap tricks . I wonder when people will get sense

I don't even know what discord is all about in fact this is the first time that I'm hearing about discord. This has pricked my interest in discord and I will be careful of scammers there.

This is not particularly to only discord,it is frequent in many platforms especially telegram,this channels habours alot of people who are in search of ways to make money.

A word of warning. I received a couple DMs on Discord recently, with a message stating I had won 0.15btc (bitcoin) for being a member of a bitcoin discord server, which equals out to $8,000+. They included a promo code and a site for how to enter. I knew it was a scam right away, but wanted to share the details to everyone here. If you receive a message like this, ignore it, block the person that sent, and report it to Discord if you can.

The site they pointed to in the DM was called cryptopye. I checked the site details and it looks to have been created just last month, so that's another sign right there. I won't link to it, as I don't want people to actually access the site, as it's probably got problems of its own.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn you all. Because I think it was a mass DM kind of thing, so many people who use Discord may have gotten the same exact message.
People have to be very careful with what they believe when it comes to bitcoin. There are a lot of ways scammers use to get away with people's hard earned cryptocurrency

If you are new to this crypto currency world, you are an easy target of scammers because you tend to believe actually you own bitcoins and you need to send some bitcoin in order to receive your prize.

Thanks for dropping this information here. A lot of people would have fallen for that scam and it will definitely let some of them lose money which is very bad. I really don't know why people are doing that

Not just on discord forums it is very important for people to know that there is no way that you can be able to win free bitcoin online without working for it so they should not even bother.

Thank you for sharing this experience about a DM on the prize of winning Bitcoin. In the online world the scammers can freely do their thing because there is no regulation. You can create your website today and use it to scam people tomorrow. On the next day you can delete your website. No trace huh.

Scammers ate simply everywhere trying to steal peoples hard earned coins or fiat money. Their is no social site where you won't experience any act of scam.

Scammers have been targeting users on Discord, the chat server platform popular with gamers, by offering them free bitcoin or ethereum on a fake exchange platform.

Thanks for sharing to us your information about cryptopye in discord. It serves as a warning in advance for all of us.

I have also received email in my google email account that I won this or that cryptocurrency. I often find this message in my spam inbox.

I don't really have a discord account but I think it is important that people become very careful about the kind of links they click on every social Media platform.

Scammers ate simply everywhere trying to steal peoples hard earned coins or fiat money. Their is no social site where you won't experience any act of scam.
Those things are not true and there is no how that you will be able to mine cryptocurrency to a reasonable amount of money with a mobile phone or even with the laptop. Is just a cheap scamming strategy.

People who are greedy are the ones that falls into these scams. I have seen many sad stories about how people have been scammed through such discord messages ,yet I still see people who fail to this cheap tricks . I wonder when people will get sense
Most times it's not just about being greedy, there are some who might be new to these online things and how it works, so they might end up becoming a victim. Some people are just very trusting.

Those things are not true and there is no how that you will be able to mine cryptocurrency to a reasonable amount of money with a mobile phone or even with the laptop. Is just a cheap scamming strategy.
I've already said about it earlier here too just as you've remunerated again. It isn't possible to mine real cryptocurrency using a mobile device, unless you're doing tasks for some websites to generate traffic for them. Then they can decide given you some fraction of coins for your services so far.

Yiu couldn't be more right, it's only those who wish to get more money they had nothing to do with that fall preys to something like this it's better to use a good secure exchanger to avoid these scam direct message.

People don't use to be greed so that you will not fell into those website, because those that is fell into scammers so one need to be very careful about those site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back