jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Why make a site with it's own domain name, when you can use a sub-domain on a site that is already powerful? Also, why not use these powerful sites as backlinks for your domain? Well, at least one of these is a well known SEO strategy.

Anyway, who has tried this stuff? What was your result? Myself, I'm not much for using subdomains, I'd rather have my own domain, though it might be slower to develop.

Last edited:
You can but having your own name means people can easily remember your websites and you will have good advantage in SEO when you build your plan for backlinks and other SEO things. Google often prefer own TDL for ranking and I hardly see any subdomain page in top 10 results unless search volume is really low.

Creating multiple sites (whether on custom domain or subdomains) with an aim to build backlinks is not appreciated by search engines. This is called PBN or private blog networks, a network of blogs primarily developed to create artificial backlinks for search engine ranking purposes.

Last edited:
As you all should know that search engines keep different metrics for domains than , it is recommended that webmasters place link-worthy content like blogs in subfolders rather than subdomains.

It seems like an easier tactic to use subdomains, but search engines rank such sites lower than those on their own.

It's also to the owners advantage, since subdomains have too many restrictions especially when it comes to ads.

You can build a lot of free blogs and use these blogs for backlinks. However, you will be using subdomains on these free blogs (unless you decide to use a custom domain). Backlinks from subdomain are not as powerful as the backlink from main domain. furthermore building sites just for backlinks will be termed pbn backlinks and do not help much.
Post automatically merged:

You can build a lot of free blogs and use these blogs for backlinks. However, you will be using subdomains on these free blogs (unless you decide to use a custom domain). Backlinks from subdomain are not as powerful as the backlink from main domain. furthermore building sites just for backlinks will be termed pbn backlinks and do not help much.

I know a lot of people create small websites so that they can drive traffic as well as create backlinks for their site. However, how effective this method is I do not know.

If you have multiple different blogs on other sites and you put some back links to your domain site then that should have some good effect on your SEO and the reason is that you're bringing people to those sites with similar but different information. You shouldn't copy word for word anything from your true domain site so everything should be original and unique but still relate in information in order for it to work.

Instead of building small sites to create backlinks, you can try creating accounts on numerous social sites and start sharing on social sites. This will help in search engine ranking

Creating my own domains is very much accepted by me. I love to choose from a domain that suits my website niche selection. Develop the website the best possible i can offer, then promote it through social medias and sponsored posts.

The reason why I won't consider building my own domain on an already established site it's because people will not easily be able to remember my domain name because it is built as a subdomain on someone else domain.

wordpress.com is considered web 2.0 site. There are a lot of web 2.0 sites, for examples, free blogs like tumblr, even wix, weebly etc, social networks, social bookmarking etc. , Web 2.0 site are good platform to help in seo

You can create many sites with wordpress or blogspot and share your links but this is considered private blog network and private blog network is not a good seo strategy

I will rather that I have my own name than going to use a subdomain of already established site. I want to be different and unique and will want to be seen as a proffesional

This is often called web 2.0 backlinks and it is old fashion. It is no longer effective and can cause or attract penalty for your website if you have too much of them pointing to the homepage of your website.

You can create a lot subsidiary site for the purpose of backlink building for your primary site. Will this benefit you site? Not really. The main idea behind backlinks is they should be coming from high ranking and authoritative sites.

If you are serious about making money with your Blogging PLATFORM the best thing is just to leave subdomain because people won't take you serious. Don't get distracted about the backlinks that comes from it

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back