Using Facebook as your site

Ralphjoe

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Facebook cannot replace your website but it can do most of the work that your website can do for you. I will consider using Facebook at my website because Facebook has a feature known as page where by one can advertise their goods and services there.

eLdavis

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Using facebook as your site is quite nice and has its advantages. Its free to some extent, you dont have to worry about maintenance or upgrading etc. But it also has its disadvantages. The things you can do is limited. You cant change your theme and designs if you wanted. You can add special features to suit your customers or make things easier for them.

cafediscussions

cowantussie

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
You can still use your Facebook profile as a website, but the layout and look is more casual. Set up your Facebook page with your name or the name of your business. To make your Facebook page URL even more like a website, go to the Facebook username setup page at facebook.com/username and choose a custom username.

tyrim88

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Using facebook as your site is not actually a bad idea,small busineses that are just coming up and does not have the required fund to get a site and do hosting can go on facebook and create a page and manage it properly,that will serve them for sometime.

Senator

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Facebook usage as one's site is a thing that is temporal till the person get to set up his own site when the funds has been made available. If one does not have the cash for setting up his own cash that's when one uses the resources of Facebook pages as alternative

Sincerem

Premium Member
VIP Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Those who dropship without portfolio website create a page on social media to start selling their items/merchandise and make money out of it.

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Facebook allows you to use the site as a online store (through facebook marketplace or create a shop page) or as a portfolio website (through a busness page)

Ralphjoe

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Facebook usage as one's site is a thing that is temporal till the person get to set up his own site when the funds has been made available. If one does not have the cash for setting up his own cash that's when one uses the resources of Facebook pages as alternative
I don't even think that it is possible for one to use Facebook at his website because the only thing that one can you use on Facebook is your Facebook page but using Facebook as your website is impossible.

Justin

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
You can use facebook to brand yourself, build an interest around your work, but facebook cna never be your portfolio website, but you can try LinkedIn

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
You can try multiple social sites to build your online portfolio not just facebook. You can try linkedin, instagram, twitter. If you want, you can also build a one page website on about.me.

Funky

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
If you want to use facebook as your website then you would need to open a page and preferably design it so it looks professional, and post quality contents there.

babdud02

Kingy
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Has anyone here used Facebook as their site instead of actually making a site of their own? Facebook makes it pretty easy to make a page for yourself and your business. I am considering trying to make a site through Facebook, just a facebook page, but I would like to see if it could work for me.

Do you think Facebook can overtake actual sites?
Facebook is actually overtaking some sites but if you’re using facebook you still have to get your own sites immediately your business is successful.Since it’s your business, it should also be on your site not on facebook

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock