User Registration Options

Jason

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Sep 29, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
On your forum, do you allow immediate signups or do people need to check an email? Does anyone manually approve accounts? Has anything happened causing you to be more strict?

Having verified mail IDs would greatly reduce spam content on your forum. People would start to feel more responsible and would post sensibly if their post from a verified account. This would improve the quality of your forum.

The email is deprecated I prefer Facebook signup or Gmail signup rather than email signup. Free Gmail providers are available anywhere means if a person is a signup with his Twitter or Facebook or Gmail or Yahoo or Bing account I could confirm it is serious and will bring good effects.

Having verified mail IDs would greatly reduce spam content on your forum. People would start to feel more responsible and would post sensibly if their post from a verified account. This would improve the quality of your forum.
I don't think it's really that important. Asking new users to spell words backward pretty much keeps out spambots. If there are spammers after that - they can just be dealt with via specialized software and other ways.

Anyway, I just want users to get on-board as fast as possible.

You know what, I'm not even sure at the moment. It's been a while since I last messed around with the settings so I can't remember. I believe we used to allow instant activation but after a few spammers bothered us, we switched over to email confirmations. I'll have to check to see if that is still the case.

I think that checking the email is something that needs to be done in order to prevent people from having multiple accounts, however now it is very easy to create an email and therefore you have to have other measures in place as well such as checking the ip address before they are allowed to complete the sign up.

Verified email identities significantly reduce forum spam content. People will feel more responsible and post wisely if the posts are from verified accounts.This improves the quality of the forum.

On your forum, do you allow immediate signups or do people need to check an email? Does anyone manually approve accounts? Has anything happened causing you to be more strict?
Approving E-mail address should be mandatory because many people will use this in a wrong way, and could create accounts with someone else's address.

I think a user log in with his gmail or facebook or yahoo or bing account and authorize from it is better from email and password. Many websites provides temporary gmail address means I could grab one from snail prod and then use it to do gmail confirmation while it is a temporary gmail address. Then website by this way could not differenciate.

The amount of spam on your forum would be drastically reduced if you have confirmed mail IDs.
If a verified account was used, people would begin to feel more accountable and publish thoughtfully.
Your forum's quality would increase as a result.

I believe that checking the email is necessary to stop people from creating numerous identities, but since creating an email is now relatively simple, other security measures must also be in place before they can finish the signup process, such as checking the user's IP address.

it is much better for an account to be registered with email verification, so as to avoid spamming and double registrations as well, and also for accountability purpose for your platform.

It's good to allow immediate sign up on one's website, but one has to also make use of verified emails. This helps to prevent spam messages on one's site.

On my forums, the sign up will be complete only when the user clicks on the confirmation link received on their email. I once had enabled auto approval and I saw over 1000 registrations in a single day an all of these accounts were spam accounts

On my forums, the sign up will be complete only when the user clicks on the confirmation link received on their email. I once had enabled auto approval and I saw over 1000 registrations in a single day an all of these accounts were spam accounts
It is not hard to get gmail generator mail for one time signup because if you signup sometimes with your real email you will get rude with newsletter staff so just keep it only if there is for example signup on a payment processor or portefolio but use for spam purpose is something so bad.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back