What's new

Use of Cash or Card while on Vacation?

Actually, if I were working, I would make an effort to follow the laws and regulations.
I will follow by the laws if a card is required, but I would rather use cash because it will be more simpler to obtain my things.

I prepare using both cash and card while on vacation. If went on a vacation in a country that accept my countries currency then I use cash and when in a foreign country like the US, I use credit cards

While on Vacation, do you use cash only, card or both? I will only use credit card abroad as I’m covered under Section 75 incase I get scammed or don’t receive the goods and services as described.

On the flip side of the coin, there are some holiday makers that prefer to use cash for privacy and security reasons (for example, card details getting copied?)

What do you do?
Well it depens when I'm on vacation I ussualy have both my card and some money depending on what country you are traveling some stores can only for example allow to pay with cash or card so I have both but I prefer paying in cash but maybe it's just me

Well I strongly think that you are going to be on a safer side if you are just going to use cash because you are not going to want a scenario whereby you will have some funds hung up somewhere.

Another advantage of card is that you can take appropriate measure to get your money when scammed. But, when you're scammed with cash, it will be difficult to make report because you'll lack evidence.

I think that if you use credit card anywhere, then you will be charged high interest rates. If you use a credit card in other countries, the bank may charge you much more interest.
Using credit card does not mean that the bank will be charging you more interest in my own point of view , and you don't need to be carrying huge cash in another country for safety reason and that's why you need your card with you .

I think that you are going to be on a safer side if you are just going to use cash because you are not going to want a scenario whereby you will have some funds hung up somewhere.
Yes you're absolutely right by saying this, this is one of the things I usually fear, because it has ever happened to me not even once, it is very important for one to use cash than card.

I believe I am on the safer side when I am obeying the cashless policy when on vacation because I do spend money any how I sees it and that's the main reason why i like saving in bank instead of piggy banks .

Using credit card does not mean that the bank will be charging you more interest in my own point of view , and you don't need to be carrying huge cash in another country for safety reason and that's why you need your card with you .

I live in a tier 3 country and credit cards are not accepted in here, including many gas stations as well. This may seem bizarre, however, we are not really a "Cashless" economy.

There is usually a lot of complexities that comes with spending foreign currencies and that is why I will advise that you should always change to that the native currencies before you go.

On a vacation I will mostly prefer to use card since I am not dealing with a location I am well acquainted on. Over here in my resident I mostly prefer to use cash accept in huge quantity.

I would prefer using card because I don't like holding cash for my day to day transactions. It is easier for me because I have already adapted to working with cards or transfer.

card is safer, flexible and more secure, I cant be carrying cash all around, it snot safe, lets go cashless please and save unnecessary costs and frivolous spending

If you are on a vacation then the most important thing to you is not to get stuck and that I believe that cash is going to be the best alternative given the fact that you might not have an account with a bank in that place

Whenever I go on holiday I much prefer to use a card so that I do not run the risk of losing any money whilst I am out and about or even traveling in a place that I am unsure of. Being that I am someone who can easily forget where I put things or can easily forget certain things I would hate to be carrying a lot of cash and lose it. The bank I am with does have protection if I am using my card abroad so that if I get scammed or anything else happens, I am covered and they are quick to cancel my card and help me out if there was to ever be a clone of my card whilst abroad.

Using both cash and card is most preferable to be used while on vacation. The reason is because some businesses don't accept card payments they only accept cash payment,so using both cash and card will be the best to avoid unnecessary issues.

The use of card or cash on vacation depends on the type of vacation am going because when visit hometown you will use cash mostly but when going on a vacation on outside the country you will use your card more then cash so as for me it depends on the vacation am attending

Well, both cash and card are useful during holidays but mostly I prefer card because I don't always want my money to stay in my hand so as to avoid overspending. Moreso, cash is liable to get loss but very useful whenever I want to purchase items.

I prefer card over cash while on vacation. I'm someone that don't like moving with cash. What's even the excess of moving around with cash when you could do virtually transaction with your card.

Whenever, I'm in vacation, I prefer card over cash.

Using cards while on vacation is easier, especially if you have to move about a lot and carry a large amount of money too. Not all destinations will have this option though, so I still carry some cash on me for such situations.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back