Dot

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
May 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
different-types-of-website-hosting-780x470.png

Knowing the different types of website hosting and the particular one to choose is important. It will be wise to understand this so that your needs will be meant.

Before I go into this, if you are wondering why there is a need for website hosting, then read this too.

Hosting your website will enable people to access it from any location. So, that means, you are going to move it from your current device to another where people globally can view its content.

Do you now understand?

Let me rush over to the main subject of this article.

Like I said earlier, different website hosting exists. You need to know the best one for your project and location. For instance, if you live somewhere within Africa, you need this specific web hosting company in Nigeria.

Nevertheless, I will go ahead and list the different types you can choose from which they offer.

Shared website hosting

This is the cheapest form of web hosting. As the name is, shared hosting means your page is placed on a server that is shared with other people. Everyone uses the same CPU, hard drives, memory, and network bandwidth. This keeps the cost low.

Generally, there are so many platforms offering this service, choosing the best can be tasking. That is why I made a recommendation in a few paragraphs of this post.

VPS website hosting

A virtual private server hosting is similar to shared hosting such that multiple sites are stored on the same hardware. But you will get your separate amount of server resources. Your website will not be affected by traffic spikes that come as a result of other sites. It is easy to scale up using this specific type of hosting.

You feel like you are getting a big server for yourself with a great configuration.

You should consider it if you want to run a medium-sized business website.

Cloud hosting

Cloud hosting has the virtualization of VPS to the level of hosting your site on computer networks.

When you choose a shared or VPS website hosting and the server goes down, your website becomes unavailable. It doesn’t happen on cloud hosting. If your server is offline, visitors will move to the next available server on the cloud network.

Cloud hosting is mostly used for large websites. But many web hosting providers are moving to this type. This is why the price of hosting your website on the platform you see here is high.

Dedicated server hosting

In dedicated server hosting, you are allocated a physical web server. You won’t be sharing your resources with anyone. So, you have complete control of how the server works and how your website performs.

A dedicated server is very expensive and it’s recommended for companies that want a fast website.

WordPress hosting

This type of web hosting is only suitable for installing WordPress. You are given access to themes and plugins which are just for that content management system.

It is recommended for people that need WordPress setup for blogging or any other activity dedicated to WordPress.

Managed hosting

Here, the hosting provider will be responsible in carry out daily maintenance on your website.

They make backups, check for security, and ensure that your website runs smoothly.

You are on your own within a managed website hosting. But most web hosting providers offer their users some level of technical support.

A particular type of this hosting is managed WordPress hosting​

The web hosting service handles all daily maintenance of your website. In some cases, they will help you to set up themes and even plugins.

These days, there are so many websites hosting business providers offering most of this service.

Before you choose, you should look at your budget, location, and kind of project.

Shared hosting is okay and works great for any kind of website. You may only experience issues if you end up on the wrong platform.

Here, I have included the best that you can check out. Their service is top-notch and doesn’t have issues at all.

If you are a starter, you can actually start with the shared hosting then upgrade later when you start having traffic more than your shared hosting can occupy. There are some shared hosting that will even serve you for years despite your traffic.

Even though I don't have any website at the moment, but it is interesting learning about a particular topic. This information will be very useful in the future when one is ready to create his or her own website. Thanks for sharing.

If I buy a website hosting, I will start with shared hosting because this is the cheapest kind of hosting. Once my site builds traffic and revenue I will gradually upgrade my hosting to VPS or dedicated servers.

I am using shred hosting from namechep. I host over 20 websites on shared servers and pay $5 per month on hosting. My website do not receive volume traffic, therefore, shared hosting is just fine for me.

These are type of web hosting
  • Shared Web Hosting. Warchi/E+/Getty Images
  • Cloud Based Web Hosting. Credit: Colin Anderson/Blend Images/Getty Images.
  • Virtual Private Server (VPS) Alex Tihonov/Moment Open/Getty Images. ...
  • Dedicated Web Server
  • Colocation Web Hosting
  • Self Service Web Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting.
Benefits of web hosting

Improved Website SecurityWebsite security is something that a lot of website owners never think about. Although having a 100% secure website is nearly impossible, you never really know where the next threat is going to come from. You can still take steps

There are all used for different purposes but if you looking to run a blog the most suitable hosting for such purposes would be website hosting. This would give your site a space where it can operate and it accessible on various search engines.

Indeed there are several types of Web Hosting, some of them come with pre-installed environments for specific website needs.
i.e. you can find Wordpress Web Hosting, Joomla! Hosting, Magento web Hosting, even Moodle Web Hosting, etc

You can also get these kind of web hosting in shared hosting, dedicated web hosting, or if you prefer you can mount your own environment using a VPS.
If I may suggest it, I found that Truxgo Servers has many of these types of Web Hosting at a pretty affordable cost.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back