What's new

Twitter confirms fee for blue-tick verification after Musk takeover

• Thread starter BBC News - Business
  • Start date

BBC News - Business

Controversially Twitter says blue-tick status will be open to those who pay a monthly $7.99. ...

Continue reading the above news article, by clicking here.

Administration and Moderation NOTE: A Reminder, the above news is provided for free, through a RSS Feed. The above quote does NOT include the full story. In order to continue to read more past what is quoted, please click through to the article, by clicking on the link provided above through the "continue reading" text.

Please be sensible and follow our terms of service and rules, when replying and debating the news article.

This is actually too much for me. It's just as if musk want to get back all the money he spent to acquire Twitter on every Twitter user. I few he might soon start losing people on the app

This whole thing has been blowing up for him and twitter, and not in a good way. People have been buying the service to have blue check marks, and are impersonating people, posting hate speech and so on. He really needs to pull the reins back on this plan, maybe wait it out a bit longer, or set some kinda of limits.

This whole thing has been blowing up for him and twitter, and not in a good way. People have been buying the service to have blue check marks, and are impersonating people, posting hate speech and so on. He really needs to pull the reins back on this plan, maybe wait it out a bit longer, or set some kinda of limits.
Smile, just recently I got to hear about how elon musk is treating all this politicians and other rich people, Imagine there was a day he banned that account of us president.

Elon Musk and his ideas that always seem to be weird. I love his personality and business acumen. He has shown over time that he's a real player in the business and has taken a lot of companies to profits. He'll do same with Facebook.

Elon musk is a business man who always want to make more money and this idea of paying for blue tick verification will make many Twitter user leaves if the money is too much .

This is just for a check mark and special features. You can still continue to use the platform for free. Check marks are only of any value if you run a company or are a public figure.

Elon musk is a business man who always want to make more money and this idea of paying for blue tick verification will make many Twitter user leaves if the money is too much .
I think there should be much security so that people and their business will not be impersonated in order to scam people. There should be a form of comprehensive verification before awarding the bluetick to anyone even if they pay.

All those things has been considered by him. He may even be using a strategy that could make it difficult for users to find difficulty leaving the social media.

All those things has been considered by him. He may even be using a strategy that could make it difficult for users to find difficulty leaving the social media.
I do not think that anyone will leave the social Media platform because of the blue tick verification which is $8 per month. It is even better now because before you cannot be verified if you're not a known figure.

This is something I believe it's not going to stay for a long time and more like experimental. They have already rolled it out and it has been a very big failure to be honest.

I do not think that anyone will leave the social Media platform because of the blue tick verification which is $8 per month. It is even better now because before you cannot be verified if you're not a known figure.
Official people will not have any problem with the blue tick verification because they can equally subscribe monthly for it , but what of an ordinary people that does not necessarily needs to use Twitter ?

Official people will not have any problem with the blue tick verification because they can equally subscribe monthly for it , but what of an ordinary people that does not necessarily needs to use Twitter ?
Ordinary?. Anybody who had the blue tick even when there was no fee was not an ordinary person because ordinary people are not being verified. If you're not popular, they will not agree to verify you.

Ordinary?. Anybody who had the blue tick even when there was no fee was not an ordinary person because ordinary people are not being verified. If you're not popular, they will not agree to verify you.
Okay then in that case such will not really affect the masses , it is mainly for people that are interested to use their Twitter account for business. Okay that's all as long as it will not affect us.

I believe this is a great way of generating income due to the nature of Twitter.
It would not be easy at first but once this is consistent, it would definitely be interesting

Okay then in that case such will not really affect the masses , it is mainly for people that are interested to use their Twitter account for business. Okay that's all as long as it will not affect us.
Probably, it is not going to affect you as long as you are not interested in verifying your Twitter account. it is even good for some businesses because with $8 you will get your account verified.

And what do you think will be the advantage if business organisation chose to verify their account over Those business organisation in which their account is not verified.

I do not believe that $8 for a social media platform in 2022 is a fair amount of money. If it is not been done well then they are just going to allow their competitors to take their business away from them.

I do not believe that $8 for a social media platform in 2022 is a fair amount of money. If it is not been done well then they are just going to allow their competitors to take their business away from them.
In my own perspective I don't see anything wrong with that because it is not compulsory. You only pay the money if you want to be verified in order to distinguish your account.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back