What's new

Transcription and writing which one pays better??

Sincerem

Ledgendary Member
50,000 Post Club
Nov 13, 2020
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
Transcription gigs is complex together with full-time writing gigs. Both are rewarding when you're an expert. But i believe one should be profitable than the other when it comes to reward your hard work.

Which one do you think is better in pay rate per task??

I don't do online copywriting and translation work, but I have done offline copywriting. The translation work is better paid offline and I guess it should be the same online.

I think writing pays more because writing jobs varies and some need charging based on words or even earning commissions; for example, copywriting

Writing pays far better than transcription Business. If you know how to write high engaging content, you can get high paying gigs that can enable you to earn good amount of money online

Transcription gigs is complex together with full-time writing gigs. Both are rewarding when you're an expert. But i believe one should be profitable than the other when it comes to reward your hard work.

So much of it depends on the quality of audio.
If you can hear the dictation clearly without any quick 5-second rewinds (we use a foot pedal for that) then I would say transcription is faster money.
But writing/posting is easier money. Transcription work only becomes stressful if you get bad audio. And as far as I know, the only place that allows you to skip a job if you just don’t like the sound of it (muffled, jumbled, too quiet, in-and-out) would be Quicktate.
There’s a “skip” button right below the audio.

😮👍

Writing is in higher demand than transcribing. The reason is that there are a lot of new niche website owners out there who are looking for writers that will post regular content on their websites.

I do not have experience with transcription or writing. My only writing experience is posting on forums and I guess this does not count as writing.
In my own opinion , i think transcriotion writing is the act of copying something that has been written down before while writting is when you form your own sentence.

The answer to your question would be based on the individual. Personally I feel writing is better, because it is easier and anyone can do it. But there are others who would pick a transcription gig

In my own opinion , i think transcriotion writing is the act of copying something that has been written down before while writting is when you form your own sentence.
No that's not the right definition for transcription. Transcription involves listen to audios and write out every single word you hear in the audios in the correct manner. You need a special tools to achieve this perfectly.

So much of it depends on the quality of audio.
If you can hear the dictation clearly without any quick 5-second rewinds (we use a foot pedal for that) then I would say transcription is faster money.
But writing/posting is easier money. Transcription work only becomes stressful if you get bad audio. And as far as I know, the only place that allows you to skip a job if you just don’t like the sound of it (muffled, jumbled, too quiet, in-and-out) would be Quicktate.
There’s a “skip” button right below the audio.

😮👍
You really understand how transcription works dear. What you just said its the true facts of transcription. Its complex, and stressful especially when the audio is inaudible.

Writing job is more lucrative than transcription job because there are people who are contracted to write books and paid huge amount of money on freelancing platforms.

According to my experience, transcription is more lucrative compared to simple translation gigs or paid to post socials, forums and content marketplaces. But it's not that easy. Most of the tasks are in English and a high/very high level is desirable to not see the gig rejected. Mine were in Spanish, but the audio files were too terrible. It's too tiring and I prefer paid to post and publish tasks. Writing sites paying more than transcription site exist, but usually they require mother tongue English level.

If we assume we are talking about the top jobs in both categories, then writing definitely pays more than transcription. People get writing gigs that are worth thousands of $ monthly, which is not common with transcription.

I think if you good writing skills you should go for content writing gig than transcription gigs. Writing content for company can earn you good amount of money and it can be easily be done of you are creative

The pay rate of transcription sites is usually higher than that of writing sites. Though transcription involves so much work and you can rarely work on your phone, you need a laptop. So personally, I just prefer to do writing sites.

Depending on the type of writing you're talking about. If it is the writing of her paid to post platforms you're talking about, then I'll prefer that to transcription

Althoug i have done a couple of transcribing for someone offline,the pay was just very small as it was more or less an assistance.But i would prefer to do writing online because it will afford me to be creative and bring up my original idea.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back