What's new

Things that a homeowner will pay, that a renter will not

There are a lot of people who think that having a home will cost lesser than just renting one, but the truth is they are wrong about it. Why? Simply because there are a lot of things a homeowner will pay. Below will be a list of these things soo that people will have an idea about it.

1. Insurance for Homeowners
2. Cleaning the Pool (if you have one)
3. In some areas, lender-required
4. flood insurance
5. In some areas, earthquake insurance.
6. Taxes on property
7. Pickup Trash
8. Water service and sewer service
9. Reparations and Maintenance
10. Control of pests
11. Trimming Tree

With these list, I can say that it will cost more if you are a homeowner, do you have such things to add? Please share yours in the comment below. Thank you.
Seriously, if I own a house, I would buy more than all the stuffs listed there. It's my home or my house, so I don't care if it's all expensive but as long as it's what's going to give me comfort in my house and I have money to buy them, it's settled.

Thing which home owner not pay is maintenance.Homeowners can’t simply call the landlord when the appliances need to be replaced or the hot water tank stops working. All these home maintenance tasks—from buying a new microwave oven to replacing a roof—are the responsibility of the homeowner.

This list is for someone who is not living in Africa, in my country Nigeria the best thing that can happen to you is having a house, you pay absolutely nothing, Some landlords don't even pay electricity and water bills they leave it for the tenants, am speaking from experience.
Maybe it's an indigent landlord or you are not aware of the bills he pays. Speaking from experience, we pay different government taxes and will never let the tenants know of it. With the myriad of taxation going on it is difficult for home owners not be taxed.

Honestly, there is nothing to ask all what you have listed is true, all the things comprises of house maintenance actually people that Normally pay house rent cannot even pay the quarter of what you have listed due to low income.

There are many things that it is the duty of home owner to pay for even if there are tenants in the house.
If there was a natural disaster, let say for example rain removed the roof of the house, its the duty of the home owner to repair it because it is his house.
And the house owner is suppose to pay for house renovation.

A home owner must pay land use tax every month or annually but this doesn't concern the tenant even if the owner does stay there, he still have to pay the land use tax yearly without involving the tenant

What property owners may pay defers from country to country. Most of those things such owners pay are indirectly being paid by the Renters. They just transfer it to your bills.
Only thing I see that is general and an exception to this insurance for properties

One of the things I miss most about rental living is care-free maintenance. Back in my rental days, I could give a quick ring to the building manager if there was a problem, and have someone deal with any issue within less than 24 hours.

Homeownership comes with a number of costs beyond the price of the home, including property taxes, mortgage interest, the price of homeowners insurance, home maintenance bills, real estate lawyer fees, landscaping costs, and homeowner association fees.

There are general things that most landlords pay for like property maintenance, repairs and taxes and there are other items that may be more specific to a certain landlord, such as a property management fees or security costs

It remains a given that real estate and how it is handled is a major concern. The house owner demands that the occupant must bring the house owners with the state. In Nigeria, many poor people do not have much in school as the tenant does but in other countries such as England the tenant pays for that.

Sometimes being a home owner might not be so juicy as being a renting. Other than the bills which are common with owning a house and sometimes rent. Maintaining the house is the biggest issue because it is not an easy task to do.

The payment home owners made can be different in different countries and all those is not applicable in all countries.Utilities like water can be provided by the house owner,if their laws allows for private ownership,but a must for house owner is the tenament rate to the authorities,then electricity can be on individual bases.

Well am not going to completely agree with you on the listed options you gave there and moreover it depends totally which country you are staying, take for instance if you are staying in the UK or any other related countries then you might end up paying those but my country yes as a house owner you are entitled to pay for some dues but not that. Because there is nothing like flood insurance here, water is free here too and many other things are free. Your gas you fill yourself and you pay less compared to when government is offering it. Although owning a house brings in bills more than someone renting but not the way you stated it up there because we all live in different countries.

It depends on the rental agreement between the house owner and the renter. In some places, all the utilities except light are covered by the house owners while in sor area even the tenants pay for security of the house.

There are many things that a home owner will pay for and a renter will not pay such as home insurance and also home renovation a renter will not pay for such things

Exactly, there are lots of things that one can pay for while there are some other things that they cannot pay for no matter how they are pushed to do so but they won't.

Sometime a home owner pays for the renovation of the house and also sometimes the paid for light bills and water bills for the house.This is some kind of things that the homeowner fears that the tenant does not pay.

Definitely the home owners needs to pay taxes on the homes,pay maintenance fee when necessary in other to keep their properties intact.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back