What's new

The longest domain you ever saw

I do not think there is a word limit for the domain you want to register, you can register one letter domain as well as 100 letter domain, the main issue is whether it is available for registration or not.

Maybe I have come across long domain names before, but I can't really recall the names at the moment. But I am just wondering what would be the reason for long domain name(s). This is because these kind of names are hard to remember and this may scare visitors away and the site owner is doing himself or herself more harm than good as there will not be the required traffic which in turn result to wasted time and efforts.

I don't really know all the longest, what I known is that the longest one are not always profitable that is why people who are thinking of using domains for their website should try as much as possible to avoid the longer ones

I do not think there is a word limit for the domain you want to register, you can register one letter domain as well as 100 letter domain, the main issue is whether it is available for registration or not.
There's a limit of 63 characters or something. According to the site longest.domains which also has some of the longest domain name records listed.

It says the longest domain name in the world is (I had to copy/paste because to type it out is crazy):

TheOfficialAbsoluteLongestDomainNameRegisteredOnTheWorldWideWeb.International

Imagine renting out billboard space for that?

What would you say was the longest domain you ever saw? And how long can a domain get? Is there a limit to the size of a domain?

honestly I don't know if there is a limit to the characters of a domain but theoretically it should be ... because you can't make a domain of 3000 characters.

I don't know weather there is a limit for creating the limit of a domain name,but all I know is that short domain tends to be much more important and valuable than long domain.

The longest domain name I have ever seen is ThisWhyIamBroke.com. The website talks about some of the things he buys to get broke. In reality, the site is all about affiliate marketing. He display products to earn commission on every purchase make through the links.
Woo though I haven't really taken into cognisant most of this domain either the short or long ones

In 2002, llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.co.uk was given the title of longest domain name in the world by the Guinness Book of Records
Wow thats amazing, this is also the longest domain I have heard,but who owns the domain,is it owned by the government or it is a private domain.

I haven't seen or come about any longest domain name before, all the domains I have seen are using names that are less than ten letter words, maybe I will search for the longest domain name.

I can't even pronounce or write down the name of the longest domain I have seen because it is a Chinese name and I don't even remember what I saw, lol. Apart from that a blog spot named this is childish childish was also long name I've come across.

I haven't seen too long domain names anyways and it's not advisable because it would definitely put off users or visitors to your site. I imagine typing in over 15-20 letters before I can visit a website, I'll just check for alternatives instead.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back