What's new

The different between bookkeeper and accountant

I'm just reading this thread critically and learning new things I didn't know. The difference I think a book keeper is concerned with book keeping while an accountant is concerned with financial records.

How often have you heard the term bookkeeper and accountant used interchangeable?. If you don't known about the difference in the service,then it is easy to be convinced about the profesion. An accountant is a person that be in charge of company financial transaction. While bookkeeper is also someone that the financial records of an organization. Kindly, tell us more difference of this topic.
Bookkeeper and accountant are the same I see no much different there I believe a bookkeeper that keeps record can also do the work of an accountant like wise an accountant can also do the work of a bookkeeper

A bookkeeper is in charge of the day to day financial transaction of the organization while the accounts is in charge of financial statements. That individual summarises the information gotten from the bookkeeper and presents it in accountable format

Yes, a lot of people always get confused by the function of these two bodies.
An accountant is in charge of the money while the book keeper keeps records of everything transaction done

I think accounting is specifically focused on financial management. While book keeping focuses more on the company's stock. That way, the bookkeeper records day to day use of stock in the company while an accountant focuses more on the finances.

I think there is not much difference between them because an accountant keeps financial records or that business while a book keeper just records the goods sold, bought and delivered

Accountant deals with the financial strength of an organization while a bookkeeper keeps the financial records of the organization

I have never heard the two words being used interchangeably.
A book keeper does not only keep financial records but records of other activities in the organisation.
The accountant deals with all financial transactions in the organization.
How often have you heard the term bookkeeper and accountant used interchangeable?. If you don't known about the difference in the service,then it is easy to be convinced about the profesion. An accountant is a person that be in charge of company financial transaction. While bookkeeper is also someone that the financial records of an organization. Kindly, tell us more difference of this topic.

Yes, in some organizations, the book keeper does the work of the accountant.
But these two are different terms and mean different things for me.
An accountant takes care of all the financial transactions and records, the book keeper is in charge of all records.

The book keeper and the accountant are two different roles with different functions but are related. The book keeper classifies and records the financial transactions of a particular business then gives the records to the accountant for proper reviews.

From your post an accountant and bookkeeper seems not to have much difference, but all o know is that accountant summarise, interpret and record all transactions,while bookkeeper record all transaction.

I don't think there is a difference between bookkeeper and accountant. Book keeping in fact means accountancy and anyone who does bookkeeping is actually an accountant.

Bookkeeper is an old word for accountant. These days the word bookkeeper is not used much. Instead of bookkeeping, accountancy is much preferred word

According to my own point of view if I am asked the difference between an accountant and a bookkeeper I will say a bookkeeper only keeps record of transaction done in the company why an accountant is meant to calculate the income and expenditure of the company account and send it to the manager

The book keeper in an organisation is a person who records all the money that is coming in and going in off the company. The accountant on the other hand is the person who interpret the implication of this movement.

In the simplest of terms, bookkeeping is responsible for the recording of financial transactions, whereas accounting is responsible for interpreting, classifying, analysing, reporting, and summarising the financial data. Bookkeeping and accounting may appear to be the same profession to an untrained eye

A book keeper records and classifies a companies daily financial transaction such as sales, payments of bills e.t.c while an accountant builds on the information provided for them by the book keeper.

Well they have similar qualities not features but an account is mainly concerned about the financial transaction that are carried out by the business. A book keeper may be in charge of recording the daily business activities like when goods are bought it sold or when the ware house is stocked.

A bookkeeper maintains the organization's books, particularly its financial records.
Analyzing the company's financial health is an accountant's job.
An accountant may also maintain the company's financial records in some businesses.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back