The 30% myth for copyright

Lämmchen

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 15, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
When I was in art school, my illustration teacher told us how to avoid copyright infringement by changing someone's design by 30%. He was wrong, of course, since there is no 30% rule. You need to substantially change an image in order to make it your own and not infringe on someone else's right.

Do you find yourself wondering how far to change an image to make it your own?

I just like to keep it that you should only use somebody such as an inspiration or as a guideline but not try to copy directly. You can be able to use it but it should not be something that somebody can be able to make reference to immediately after seeing your own image.

Some images are fully copyrighted it depends on the convention of copywriting as there is 30 % copyrighted or 70 % copyrighted or fully copyrighted form as change 30 % of design don't have a big influence on original image content.

The 30% rule is an outdated practice. It isn't that it was never true, it just no longer is.

You can use likenesses but they should be different enough to not be confused by people. This can be anywhere from 20% to 90% different.

The 30% rule is an outdated practice. It isn't that it was never true, it just no longer is.

You can use likenesses but they should be different enough to not be confused by people. This can be anywhere from 20% to 90% different.

I think that now many people prefer uniqueness in all aspects. You cannot use someone's else's product and promote it as your own until or unless you purchase the copyrights.

I think that now many people prefer uniqueness in all aspects. You cannot use someone's else's product and promote it as your own until or unless you purchase the copyrights.
There are artists, for example, who will use the likeness of characters but not the names or anything and they get away with it. I think this is more common in certain areas. Then you have China which will just straight rip off a company and sell their own products without a license and nothing can be done about it.

Definitelly there are some very good design or logo that on can actually get a cue from,it will go a long way to ensure that you at least have your own creativity in your own design,and not the one that they can make reference to another work.

When I was in art school, my illustration teacher told us how to avoid copyright infringement by changing someone's design by 30%. He was wrong, of course, since there is no 30% rule. You need to substantially change an image in order to make it your own and not infringe on someone else's right.

I somehow agree with this 30% rule .
The idea of originality is just some facade. By smartly copying an individual you are original too, I read that from a book (steal like an artist by ostein kleon).

I'd just like to make crystal clear that you shouldn't try to directly mimic someone else but rather should just use them as an example or a reference. You might be using it, but the intellectual property should not be so easy to access.

Changing something else to be yours might not be the wise thing to do as shown overtime. Hitherto, draw inspiration from what you Love and try then to create some other things unique.

i get inspired by peoples thought, works and way of life and i draw so much inspiration from such but when i decide to work on that thing that inspires me, i try to make it my oricginal idea by infusing my thoughts and patterns.

I somehow agree with this 30% rule .
The idea of originality is just some facade. By smartly copying an individual you are original too, I read that from a book (steal like an artist by ostein kleon).
I as well read that book. We are in a generation where information is aboundant and there is nothing new under the sun .
The idea of originality is just about hybridizing several concepts to come up with your own.

Some images are fully copyrighted it depends on the convention of copywriting as there is 30 % copyrighted or 70 % copyrighted or fully copyrighted form as change 30 % of design don't have a big influence on original image content.

I think that a person must never copy any kind of content to any extent at all. Uniqueness and Originality has its own beauty and it is always a much better idea to produce your own content.

As time has proven, changing something so that it is yours may not be the best course of action. To date, get ideas from the things you enjoy and then try to make something new.

In recent times, it is best to grab ideas according to what you enjoy and afterwards attempt to build something special because as the years roll on, altering someone's content and passing it off as yours may not be the smartest thing to do.

I just like to keep it that you should only use somebody such as an inspiration or as a guideline but not try to copy directly. You can be able to use it but it should not be something that somebody can be able to make reference to immediately after seeing your own image.
This is also what I always talk about it instead of copying everything that has to do with the person and copying all his writing skills which is not supposed to be like that

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back