Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I have noticed that some forum owners gets to a point where they suspend new registration of members in their community. There are so many reasons that might causes for that line of action which one of them would be to prevent spammers from getting into the forum. Have you ever stopped new registration of members in your forum and what's the reason behind that decision?

I have noticed that some forum owners gets to a point where they suspend new registration of members in their community. There are so many reasons that might causes for that line of action which one of them would be to prevent spammers from getting into the forum. Have you ever stopped new registration of members in your forum and what's the reason behind that decision?

I do not think that new members get suspended for no reason. It is most likely that a member would have had violated some terms of service, perhaps? If you think that your were banned due to some mistake, then you must contact the forum admins.

If you have created a discussion board, why should suspend new registration, I don't see any valid point. Instead of suspending all registrations you can make some rules for registrations.

Well, I don't have forum so I have not stopped registration of new members in the forum before. However, most forum that stop the registration of new members always site influx of spammers as the reason behind their actions. They could be right. When a website start to get popular, some people will joined the website and started trying to game the system.

The main reason behind this is the update of the rules of community or change of some sections so during maintenance and changing period no more registrations are allowed.

i noticed recently bizdustry stopped accepting new members to there forum, how i discovered was from a friend of mine i referred to this platform, so i was also wondering what might be the cause of it.

They have different reasons to suspend new registrations, like some websites saying they have suspended new registrations due to spammers' attacks.

Some say they have temporarily suspended new registrations.

Some say they have suspended new registrations because their forum was flooded with bogus registrations—as many as 100 an hour—and it's time-consuming to check all registrations.

i noticed recently bizdustry stopped accepting new members to there forum, how i discovered was from a friend of mine i referred to this platform, so i was also wondering what might be the cause of it.
Actually, we did not suspend registrations, we restricted a few geolocations, due to high amounts of spam. Doesn't mean those places cannot register, just means that if someone from those places do register, they need to go through our registration bypass, by providing basic information on who they are, and why they are joining. And no, it's not KYC. It is just basic info to show if the person can actually understand instructions and provide a good and well written response with information needed.

Info in this topic: https://bizdustry.com/threads/rejec...rently-require-administration-approval.27486/

And no, it's not a disabled registration for everyone, as we are still getting new registrations to the forum. It is prevention of spam, that certain areas of the world cannot register without providing a reason by email first.

I don't have my online forum so I never did it but it's quiet technical to suspend the accounts of scammers to avoid such scam on website that will effect the growth of forum.

Actually for I don't think there is country restrictions in this plartform bizdustry. What I know is that the plartform is very strict in examining and sleeting competent members who can participate in the forum

Actually, we did not suspend registrations, we restricted a few geolocations, due to high amounts of spam. Doesn't mean those places cannot register, just means that if someone from those places do register, they need to go through our registration bypass, by providing basic information on who they are, and why they are joining. And no, it's not KYC. It is just basic info to show if the person can actually understand instructions and provide a good and well written response with information needed.

Info in this topic: https://bizdustry.com/threads/rejec...rently-require-administration-approval.27486/

And no, it's not a disabled registration for everyone, as we are still getting new registrations to the forum. It is prevention of spam, that certain areas of the world cannot register without providing a reason by email first.
oh, thanks for the clarification. i had invited a friend of mine and he sent me a screenshot that showed he bizdustry is not accepting new users, i would get back to him and explain what you just said.

There could be a lot of reasins to suspend the registration of new members on one's site. It could be because of spam messages like you mention or because the site have has enough traffic that it needed at that point.

I have never blocked any new registration on my community and I also don't see a point why some should do that. After all online community is a place to discuss on certain topics. However, I will not hesitate to block accounts if the user starts spamming

I have never blocked any new registration on my community and I also don't see a point why some should do that. After all online community is a place to discuss on certain topics. However, I will not hesitate to block accounts if the user starts spamming
It is possible there is a lot of registrations from user one single IP that lets your database becoming full and this type of spam could deny the database very fast with empty accounts that never post something just a lot of inactive registration form from the same person.

I only ever turn off user signups is when there are spam/bot accounts attempting to sign up. I've seen it at other sites and forums, where bots and spammers get in and keep joining. I think having to turn off registration due to that is fair until you can get better security set up.

I only ever turn off user signups is when there are spam/bot accounts attempting to sign up. I've seen it at other sites and forums, where bots and spammers get in and keep joining. I think having to turn off registration due to that is fair until you can get better security set up.
A lot of sites only authorize signup using google plugin or facebook plugin or sometimes apple plugin form then register with email and password is a little bit deprecated and only old sites stay using this method for users signups.

Some sites suspend new users for multiple reasons, some of the reasons are to control the existing users they have at the moment and to be able to properly moderate the forum
There are so many reasons why website stops accepting new users, one of the reason can be due to moderation on the platform as having many users can make it very hard to control the platform

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back