What's new

Starting my own shop site, what should I know?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So, I am leaning on starting my first online shop and was wondering what I should know before I go through with this? I have everything mostly planned, from the site layout, products, descriptions of said products and so much more. Is there anything else you think could help make the process even smoother?

So, I am leaning on starting my first online shop and was wondering what I should know before I go through with this? I have everything mostly planned, from the site layout, products, descriptions of said products and so much more. Is there anything else you think could help make the process even smoother?
Check for a payment processor, look which ones pays faster and has the smallest comissions, you need to find a transport company if you sell physical products, locally or internationally, and find a good accountant to do the monthly income statement and all the invoices of the sales.

If you are ready than you should start building a website and make sure you use SSL certification which will provide extra layer of security for you website. You need to integrate payment system which accept multiple payment system. You need to work on promotion as your store must have quality traffic to get sales orders.

Well i suggest you to use WordPress for buildign website. It have many features with ecommerce sites and you can rank your site easily with few plugins.
Its a 2020 generation every person use the mobile to buy online stuff, so you have to more care full for mobile version's website.
It would be great if you make an app too

I think marketing id a huge part of making your online shop successful. Have a good marketing plan and if necessary invest a little more money into advertising since this is what's going to bring you new clients

First thing Decide on your niche then Choose between dropshipping or holding your own products and then register your domain name. After that choose the products u want to sell

You need to know that, discipline is very important then you need to know your capital so as to know your profit....don't touch your capital and focus on profit.

Since you have every other thing under control, I will then advise to to build a very strong trust between you and your customers. Your goal should not be sales or money at first. When your customers trust you and are satisfied with your products /services, they would spread the word.

In starting your own shop there many things to look into it such as,
1: the location of the business where will you site the location
2: the necessary need of the environment or the community.and what are they lacking
3 : the standard or the size of the business how big will you like it to be.
4: advertising the business .
And many just do more research on them.

starting your own shops I thought of things you need to know you can go to Google for more info on that but for me I think you have to know how to setup your website to know the type of things you need to build the site

I think it will be great if your online shop had a means through which your customers can directly chat with you. Most online shops I have seen come with a chat box at the bottom of the page so that customers can easily ask questions about your products.

First off, what kind of shop is that and what are the products? I am asking this because there are shopping sites with a dark background which is not good to look at. To be frank, I am one of those averse with the dark background that is sore to my eyes. I prefer the light color but not so very bright. Anyway, when it comes to the featuring of your products, my suggestion aside from the picture is a short video on how to use the product especially if you are selling tools or appliances.

The best tip I can give you is, get yourself a mentor. Some one who has started from scratch and is at the position you want to get to. I can’t emphasize enough, the importance of a mentor at your age. He will do important things for you

If a visitor goes to your “About Us” page, that means they are already interested in you and are giving you a chance to prove to him or her that your product is the best. What you need to do is clearly spell out what you are, what you do, and, most importantly, what you offer to the clients. All testimonials, achievements, and any kind of social proof is welcome there.

After you put everything in place, I would advise you to get an expert to review the site, so they can tell you If there's anything you need to add or anything you need to remove. As you start your online site, what matters is the traffic it can get so you need to ensure you advertise it on the right social Media platforms so that you can get enough traffic so that people will be able to see your products and services.

Starting your own business has a lot of challenges even though it has more advantage than depending on someone business. But before starting your business there are number of this you must know and mastered as long as you want to stay long in that business. This things include knowing the need of your target customers, locations of your target customers, and what is needed the most from your target customers.

There are a lot you would still be needing, you would be needing a reliable payment gateway like paystack, flutter wave and others, then you would also be needing a reliable transport company for delivery and most importantly you would be needing a website, with all this above mentioned items In place, I think your shop should be kicking and running in no time.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back