What's new

Starting a smartphone charging business?

Are you sure this kind of business model actually exist? Electricity is unreliable in my home countreies, especially in the rural areas but I do not think they would be willing to pay to charge phones.

I believe that location actually plays a vital role in this kind of business because I have a friend who is positioned somewhere close to the market and one actually inside the market and they have a lot of business owners that bring their phones to charge for them all the time.

In my place if you use your phone too much and if you need to charge your phone multiple times in a day, it is very common for people to use a power bank. THese devices can charge your devices multiple times

This is a very profitable business I must say. The business should be located in populated areas and combine with phone and laptop charging. The business can be very lucrative because most people charge their phones frequently anywhere before reaching their homes.

In my place if you use your phone too much and if you need to charge your phone multiple times in a day, it is very common for people to use a power bank. THese devices can charge your devices multiple times

Making use of power bank is actually a very viable means of charging your phone without having to worry about electricity. Unfortunately over here, it is not everybody that make use of power bank to charge phones which makes the business something that thrives for those that are into it.

Making use of power bank is actually a very viable means of charging your phone without having to worry about electricity. Unfortunately over here, it is not everybody that make use of power bank to charge phones which makes the business something that thrives for those that are into it.
Bu the way, how much these businesses are charging customers? Can you please state the price in USD? This kind of service does not exist in my part of the world so I am curious to know

Actually starting a smartphone charging business is a really nice business to be doing most especially in an area or environment where they are lacking electricity power.

Yes, That is true. That is why I said the business can not work in an urban area.
Me for instance; I have a power bank and a generator, so I don not see the need to charge my phone in another person store.
There are days that for some reasons, all those your backup electricity supplies don't work, what if your generator spoils and you can't charge your power bank, would you let your battery die?

I believe that location actually plays a vital role in this kind of business because I have a friend who is positioned somewhere close to the market and one actually inside the market and they have a lot of business owners that bring their phones to charge for them all the time.
This business in the market is thriving like nothing I can compare it with. That's because most open markets don't have a central power supply. Those that come to run their businesses at the market stay there a whole day and would need to charge their phones at least once.

There are days that for some reasons, all those your backup electricity supplies don't work, what if your generator spoils and you can't charge your power bank, would you let your battery die?
Yes, This is actually very true.
Life is unpredictable atimes, and I can experience all of these, and If it happens I definitely would not have any other choice than to just make use of charging place and pay for it.

Bu the way, how much these businesses are charging customers? Can you please state the price in USD? This kind of service does not exist in my part of the world so I am curious to know
They charge an equivalent of 10 cents. And most of them charge at least 50 phones a day. That's about $5 a day. If you remove cost of PMS to power the generators, they make $4 a day. This os an hypothetical worse case scenario.

They charge an equivalent of 10 cents. And most of them charge at least 50 phones a day. That's about $5 a day. If you remove cost of PMS to power the generators, they make $4 a day. This os an hypothetical worse case scenario.

Another thing that I actually find out about those that are into this kind of business is that they also include selling of smartphone accessories to the business of charging smartphones which also gives them another means to make extra money from their set up.

Making $4 per day is not a bad income in my part of the world. You could also do other things like selling smartphone accessories just like Heatman says. In our country, adding songs and movies to customers' phones is a good business.

Making $4 per day is not a bad income in my part of the world. You could also do other things like selling smartphone accessories just like Heatman says. In our country, adding songs and movies to customers' phones is a good business.
On the flip side, the business of adding songs to people's phones no longer thrives in our country. That's because everyone can download songs and movies from the internet. If you can't, you get it shared to you from a friend's phone.

On the flip side, the business of adding songs to people's phones no longer thrives in our country. That's because everyone can download songs and movies from the internet. If you can't, you get it shared to you from a friend's phone.
If you use cheapo internet and have unlimited internet service, you might be able to download songs and movies but what if you are using limited internet and your data rental charges are high?

I don't think there is anywhere in the world where internet is more expensive than in my country. It is a luxury over here meaning that the privileged people are the ones to enjoy it maximally. In Europe, I read that internet is a basic need.
If you use cheapo internet and have unlimited internet service, you might be able to download songs and movies but what if you are using limited internet and your data rental charges are high?

I don't think there is anywhere in the world where internet is more expensive than in my country. It is a luxury over here meaning that the privileged people are the ones to enjoy it maximally. In Europe, I read that internet is a basic need.
Internet is also identified as a basic need here in my home country, however, the internet is comparatively expensive. I pay just about $17 per month for the internet. I use wifi

Internet is also identified as a basic need here in my home country, however, the internet is comparatively expensive. I pay just about $17 per month for the internet. I use wifi
Knowing the level of activities you do online, that amount won't last someone half a month if you are doing the same level of activity online in my country. I don't do near what you do online but I spend close to that amount every month on data subscription.

I honestly never really thought about a business like this if I am honest, mainly because where I live in the UK, we are always able to charge our phones and devices without worry. Something like this though in a country where it may be more difficult would definitely be a great business, with so many people having devices that need charging, it's bound to be a company that gets a lot of custom.

Knowing the level of activities you do online, that amount won't last someone half a month if you are doing the same level of activity online in my country. I don't do near what you do online but I spend close to that amount every month on data subscription.
I use data subscriptions only when I am traveling. At home, I use my own wifi. It is expensive but it is also an unlimited plan, therefore, there is no additional charges.

This type of business is lucrative in countries where there is no steady power supply. But even at that you should try to add other things to the business like eateries just like someone have suggested.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back