What's new

Starting a small business

Concerning starting a small business . Well, for starters, you must find a passion or love for that business of yours that is about starting. You must endure because there are times sales won't go and planned or expected but you need to keep believing and never give up. You must raise adequate and sufficient funds for your business

Someone who is starting a small business should avoid competing with already established businesses as it would be disastrous and not end well for him at all.

Hmm, i wonder why someone will run a menial or mini business still go for comparison. Their is no relationship on such kind of comparison.

Well, my advice would be for the person to have a solid plan, a good location and an efficient operation and then go for it.
Solid plan, favourable location and the marketing skill can take the entrepreneur far. Those who operate in the urban areas drive sales than those dealing on the rural side.

A solid plan, favourable location and marketing skill can take the entrepreneur far. Those who operate in the urban areas drive more sales than those dealing on the rural side.
I agree I think those in the urban areas have an extra edge over the ones in the rural areas because the right marketing strategy can get your business out there easily in the Urban areas.

I agree I think those in the urban areas have an extra edge over the ones in the rural areas because the right marketing strategy can get your business out there easily in the Urban areas.
Sure, those in the urban areas edge past those dealing with business in the rural side. The population of people differs, just minimal marketing carried out in the urban area business will outclass the high volume of promotion of rural area business when it comes to making sales.

Well have a plan for one, a good business plan in place would surely be a good guide and also if it's an offline business, a good and strategic location would also determine to a large extent the results

When starting a business you should have a good plan. Also you need to do a survey to know the location of your potential cystomers, how best they like your products and services and know well the products you will be selling including who your supplier will be.

I will only tell a starter to be highly committed and know that every business also start from somewhere and don’t expect too much from your business when you’re first starting.There is always time for everything

You need to love the business apart from having the capital to run it. The dedication, know how, passion and location required to run the business successful is what should be one's goal.
This is very true and a fact,apart from the funding,if you don't have the strong drive you can't push for too long.Because passion is what drive innovation and this is a vital part in any business especially a new business.

What kind of business do you want to venture into?
is it online or an offline business ?

The first step to take is to first discover what you want to do and how to achieve it
I was going to ask the same thing, as knowing what the business entails would determine the necessary steps to get started but basically every business requires planning.

Though small business requires very little to no money, and in some cases it also requires skills. If you are good at baking, yiu could start up a small business by baking snacks and supplying to retail stores and the like. If you can cook, you can start a kitchen order. Whereby the customer tells you what they want and you prepare and delivery to them, its quite lucrative

Solid plan, favourable location and the marketing skill can take the entrepreneur far. Those who operate in the urban areas drive sales than those dealing on the rural side.
This is true, but there are still things that sell very well and one can make money selling them so it is not only urban areas that generate going sales.

This is true, but there are still things that sell very well and one can make money selling them so it is not only urban areas that generate going sales.
That's true, not only urban areas can generate huge amount of sales. Rural areas too, favourable to our business plan can still make up sales.

This is why it is important for us to always check for such rural areas where our services would still be useful and not go to urban areas where competition is high.

At least with semi rural area it can still be useful enough depending the kind of business we're starting. If we're doing selling of food products it won't sell high in the rural area. Which mini business can you suggest that can still move well in the rural areas??

Some small business owners do not reinvest their Profits, this is really bad and would lead to their business not growing as it ordinarily should. It's advised to always reinvest.

Starting a small business does not require much capital. All you need to do is to be focus and dedicate time to the progress of the business. Also set business plan on how to make the business more bigger. In time the business will make more profit than expected.
Thats one of the best things about small business, it requires very little capital. But to succeed there must be dedication and discipline. Many people tend not to take small business seriously because of how they started

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back