What's new

Starting a record shop instead of cd shop a good idea?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Most music shops these days sell vinyl, CDs, cassettes and more. But eventually all CDs will degrade due to disc rot and that leaves us with cassettes and vinyl. vinyl has already stood the rest of time, and from what I see, they are still lasting to this day. CDs will always go through disc rot, so I figure, would it be best to focus your shop on vinyl and cassettes. I don't know how long cassettes last, but I imagine they will last longer. What do you think?

Those things don't even sell any longer. Every form of arts is distributed through digital means. The use of flash drives and SD cards has completely rendered the entire physical recording devices business no longer relevant.

I do not think this kind of business will be viable these days considering the fact that these days most people are listening to music digitally through apps. I do not know anyone who still uses cassettes

Most of my CDs have go through disc rot. I took all the measures to prevent this from happening but all to no avail. The same thing happened to most of my CDs and DVDs disc. I've stopped buying anything from CDs and DVDs disc shops because they never last in my care.

I do not think this kind of business will be viable these days considering the fact that these days most people are listening to music digitally through apps. I do not know anyone who still uses cassettes

Unless one is planning to start this business in a rural area, I do not see this business being a successful one. People have not moved on in terms of where they get the music that they listen to which is online. This has made the need to open new cassette tape shops less appealing to most people now.

Most of my CDs have go through disc rot. I took all the measures to prevent this from happening but all to no avail. The same thing happened to most of my CDs and DVDs disc. I've stopped buying anything from CDs and DVDs disc shops because they never last in my care.

You can write on a disk as well. You have to buy a disc writer for that. You have to need a disk re-writer for that. Moreover, you must also need a re-writable disk as well. These are the two things you need in order to overwrite the data on the disk. You may not need to go to any shop if you have these things.

You can write on a disk as well. You have to buy a disc writer for that. You have to need a disk re-writer for that. Moreover, you must also need a re-writable disk as well. These are the two things you need in order to overwrite the data on the disk. You may not need to go to any shop if you have these things.
This is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how the disc I've purchased have been degrading with a rot. You cannot re-writer a rotting disc, if you do, the data in the disc will not be good too. I'm at loss in how to stop this from happening and it's why I don't buy disc today.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back