Not open for further replies.

Empire

KIcking Around!
1000 Posts Club
Jul 29, 2018
USD
$4.3000USD
Biznotes
SSL Certificate on domains are now being enforced? but many website still not have it installed, some say visitors still use Internet Explorer on Windows XP and current host, and many others I have looked at, offer no workable solution for these users. They basically say "shut the door on those users or have them upgrade their browser.

As we all know that Chrome shows a warning message if you don't have a certificate. And meaning that all site's have no choice to move over. I'm not a developer and I don't manage servers. I'm not even sure what questions to ask a developer or where to turn for those that aren't moved.

That's fine, if SSL Certificates are being enforced. It's a good step forward for technology as it keeps everyone safe and secure. I know it's a lot of hassle installing an SSL, but long-term it will be good for your forum which I'm a member on. Here are three reasons why you should start to consider an Secure Sockets Layer for your website.

• They are free - get one from LetsEncrypt
  • Encrypts informatiom from hackers
  • SSL certificate improves SEO

Last edited:
It’s now a habit for me to get Let’s Encrypt for any new website I make even if it’s a parked domain.

I don’t really trust websites without it now either.

Ohh, how come that you wont trust without an s in a url? What do you feel or do you get something a new image or text for encrypted sites? I have converted most sites to secure level and one is remaining for conversion.

SSL certificate on a domain name is a security system that allows webmaster or blogger to have their website secured from any form of cyber attack. If this certificate is embedded in your domain, there is a lock key that will indicate the strength and security of the domain immediately you type the domain on a web browser.

What is an SSL Certificate? SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization's details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
An SSL certificate is a bit of code on your web server that provides security for online communications. When a web browser contacts your secured website, the SSL certificate enables an encrypted connection. It's kind of like sealing a letter in an envelope before sending it through the mail.

SSL is a secured website that seems to be well fortified in a browsing domain most visitors on it find it worthy to be trusted as internet platform where people have an assured confidence that it is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back