SSL Certificates

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Who loves them? Who likes them? Who thinks they are a pain? Myself, I'd rather not deal with them, unless they were some quick one-click solution that was free or included with the hosting. Anyway, though, not everyone is selling something on their site, so should SSL be required everywhere - to prevent problems with search engine indexing/ranking and accessing?

Claraviolet

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
We need SSL certificate to give the best browsing experience to the users. These days Google is giving out warning messages to all the users whenever they are accessing a HTTP domain without having any SSL certificate.

That wouldn't leave a good impression and users will have to keep on clicking 'proceed even though it's unsafe' link, several times. So, I wouldn't recommend going with a normal domain, without any security certificate. We could always opt for Cloudflare, which is giving out free SSL certifications to it's users. I am sure there are other websites which offer the same, out there.

cafediscussions
V

vest1992

It is funny that maybe half of the websites of the goverment or different departments are not secured, and chrome told me so many times to you want to go even though it is not safe, I guess it is important to have SSL not only for the image that the user or client has before he/she joins your website.

James

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Yes it is very important to have SSL certificate as it will give positive experience to visitors who feel secure to exchange the information and also vital point for Search Engine Optimization as Google give importance to have SSL certificate. Now a days it comes with your hosting package without any extra charges so you must go for it.

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
SSL certificates are very important for your site. If you do not have SSL certificates on your website, a lot of browsers warn the visitors that the website is not secured. This might led to losing traffic.

Ralphjoe

Ledgendary Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
SSL certificate for website are a very important aspect of a woman's website as they tend to increase the security that most traffic or people will have when visiting your website so they are very important for a website to have them.

Justin

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
when you buy hosting, you need to check before hand whether your host offers fee ssl or not. If you start paying SSL fees, you might end up losing a lot of money.

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
There are a lot of web hosts that offer free SSL from Letsencrypt. I use namechep and namecheap does not have that option. I get free SSL for the first yer but I will have to renew for the second year

mcjerry

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Who loves them? Who likes them? Who thinks they are a pain? Myself, I'd rather not deal with them, unless they were some quick one-click solution that was free or included with the hosting. Anyway, though, not everyone is selling something on their site, so should SSL be required everywhere - to prevent problems with search engine indexing/ranking and accessing?
It is not necessary to have an SSL certificate if the website is just created to have fun. But a websites that will requires people trust needs SSL certificate