What's new

Some Common Terms Used in SEO

When it comes to SEO, a lot of people are fixated only on keyword usage and backlinks. Well, these are importnt but you also need to work on other areas, quality content for instance.

That's very true. For most people doing seo means using keywords and sharing links on a couple of sites. They tend to forget that they will hav to look for other metrics as well

doing search engine optimisation is not all about getting the right keyword but there are some times that people should look out for, which is probably very important.

I would suggest looking at keyword checkers to see what your website should focus on rather than thinking about this manually. There's lots of good keyword checkers out there for free that will help you along to boost traffic.

When you start working online, you will come across SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. Topics like what is SEO, how SEO is done, how SEO actually works can be a topic of elaborate discussion, in this article I will give short notes on key concepts.
Keyword, Keywords, Key Phrase: Keyword, Keywords, or Key Phrase are a word or a group of words that are used on various search engines to find appropriate answers. For example, "what is SEO" is a keyphrase, likewise, "iPhone reviews" are keywords, etc.
Long Tail Search Term: This is a set of words that people use on search engines to find answers. For instance, "what happens when I eat too many mangoes." just for an example)
Backlink: Backlink means your website link or post link shared on other websites. When your links appear on other websites, what they are doing is pointing towards your website. Search engines will take a count of how many websites are pointing towards your website.
SERP: Search Engine Result Page is the page displayed after someone performs a search on Google, Yahoo, etc.
Website Rank: The position of a website on the search engine result page for a given keyword, in a given location. The ranking of the website will be different for different keywords and in different locations.
Maybe it’s because I don’t even own a business of my own or I don’t have a site or content now because I’m not understanding anything from what you’ve posted

Thank you very much for clearifing this words. One that I have observed is responsive and it is the ability of your site to be be views on multiple devicws.

You have done a great job posting all these terminologies related to search engine optimisation. I think I will need to archive this post. I will always use it as a reference for my student in the future.

Even though I don't have a website at the moment or even know how SEO work, but I must commend you for taking your time to research to come up with such a long and useful presentation on Terms used in SEO. I have really learnt so many things since I joined this forum. That is my opinion.

This is a great enlightening thread that's for newbies or those who aim to get more knowledge on SEO.
I'll suggest that threads like this are archived and shared on bizdustry social media pages or handles ( if they have any) to ensure that we can also gain visibility from the outside world.

The keywords and phrases in your online content that allow people to find your site via search engines are referred to as SEO. A well-optimized website for search engines "speaks the same language" as its potential visitor base, which helps search engines connect with your site.

When you start working online, you will come across SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. Topics like what is SEO, how SEO is done, how SEO actually works can be a topic of elaborate discussion, in this article I will give short notes on key concepts.
Keyword, Keywords, Key Phrase: Keyword, Keywords, or Key Phrase are a word or a group of words that are used on various search engines to find appropriate answers. For example, "what is SEO" is a keyphrase, likewise, "iPhone reviews" are keywords, etc.
Long Tail Search Term: This is a set of words that people use on search engines to find answers. For instance, "what happens when I eat too many mangoes." just for an example)
Backlink: Backlink means your website link or post link shared on other websites. When your links appear on other websites, what they are doing is pointing towards your website. Search engines will take a count of how many websites are pointing towards your website.
SERP: Search Engine Result Page is the page displayed after someone performs a search on Google, Yahoo, etc.
Website Rank: The position of a website on the search engine result page for a given keyword, in a given location. The ranking of the website will be different for different keywords and in different locations.
It's not just having any how backlinks to your website but having high quality backlinks. It's better to have 5 quality backlinks than 1000 useless backlinks.

The terms I the SEO are the keyword and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines "speaks the same language" as its potential visitor base with that help connect searchers to your site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back