What's new
  • Please note to have a link in an article you must first request permission from the administrator and pay a fee. You can read more information here.

Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes Reviews (Greece)

Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes Reviews

When booking a Holiday abroad for my 22nd Birthday, I wanted to go somewhere for seven days that was warm (not too hot), reasonably priced, all-inclusive, 4stars+, and within Europe. Most of you know a lot has happened in the past few years. To list challenges, we've had the Fuel(Gas) Price Crisis, Energy (electric & gas) hyperinflation, and Covid-19, to name a few challenges that haven't assisted the economic welfare of the United Kingdom. So, it's safe to say a well-earned break abroad was due!
1665049936854.png 1665051691299.png

After reading the Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes Reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided this hotel was for me. Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes is rated 4/5 stars, and in this review, I'll be explaining what my experience has been in the week I stayed. I booked Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes - Greece hotel from 1st October to 8th October. The weather in this part of Greece tends to be sunny, with average temperatures between 22 degrees and 26 degrees Celsius.

Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes - Greece Beach Review

After breakfast, I decided to spend 4-6 hours at the beach on my first day. With this being my first time visiting this specific beach in Rhodes, I didn't know what to expect. However, the beach is only a 2-minute walk from the resort, and there is an underpass you can use if you're not confident crossing the busy roads in Greece.

On arrival at the beautiful, breathtaking beach just outside the Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes - Greece resort, it seems that the locals and not the hotel owns the Sunbeds. The local who owns around 30-40 Sunbeds charge 5 euros for a bed for a day. So now, suppose you're anything like me and like "coming and going," either to use the restroom, grab a bite to eat from the Pool bar, or dive into an alcoholic beverage. In that case, you can rest assured just by leaving your towel on the Sunbed that you can return to it without any problems.

Neither the resort nor the locals control the weather, but during my stay, it was pretty windy near the beach just outside the Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel. The wind, coming from the sea, might be a concern if you like Swimming in the ocean. Also, with the wind directly coming into the beach, there is a possibility of getting stung by Jellyfish or even the Portuguese man o'war, which are regularly found in Greece. However, you shouldn't let this worry you, as it's slightly risky! Further down the beach, you'll find local companies offering to rent out Jet Ski and other watercraft to make the most of your time in Greece.

IMG-2023.jpg 1665051801348.png
IMG-2022.jpg IMG-2021 (1).jpg

Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes - Greece Pool Review

The sunbeds at the Poolside are free, but, as you are most likely aware in most resorts, you need to "reserve the sunbed" early in the morning if you are nitpicky about where you want to reside for the day. It's an unspoken rule, but to "reserve a sunbed, " you need to place your towel on it. Towels are 10 Euros, and this 10 Euro is refundable at the end of you're stay, provided you return the towel. There is a swimming pool in the Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes hotel. Unless it's an Adult Only Resort with no music and minimal sound, I prefer to spend my time on the beach where my surroundings are quieter, and can connect with nature better. The resort operates a water dancing program from 10 am. While it's not for me, it might be for some. Nevertheless, I can rest assured that it was entertaining to watch from a distance. While it's not for me, I like how Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes accommodates all tastes rather than being strictly niche.

IMG-2079.jpg IMG-2080.jpg

Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes - Greece Snackbar & Pizza Review

If you prefer the option of fresh Italian Pizza, then dive into an all-you-can-eat pizza feast. One aspect of the hotel that is unique and different from other hotels in a positive way is that the company has an "open catering prep" area for the Pizza. This shows that Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes has confidence in the food it produces for its guests and creates more interaction with the chef. I found the employee prepping the Pizza to have excellent customer relations skills. I managed to snap a picture with him for this Article post too! For the Pizza, they do cater to both vegetarians and meat eaters, providing an option for both preferences.

IMG-2091.jpg IMG-2092.jpg

From 12 pm - 4 pm, right by the Poolside, there is a Snackbar offering a wide range of options for a light lunch. Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes caters to fussy eaters and those not keen to dive into Greek Cuisine. Each day, Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes offers different variety of food choices in the Snackbar. Now, you might be surprised to understand that while this snack bar operates, there is a full-blown all-inclusive lunch in the main restaurant, so the hotel does cater to everyone. However, the pool bar at Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes would be for those who want to stay in the sun all day and have the convenience of a quick bite and drink. I would like to point out that there is a selection of white and brown rolls in the Pool Snack Bar, but as far as I'm aware, I didn't see any butter, which was a slight disappointment.

IMG-2085.jpg IMG-2086.jpg

Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes does have multiple bars that serve soft and alcoholic beverages. However, the law currently states in Greece that those under 18's cannot consume alcoholic drinks. So even if you are traveling from your country where drinking laws are different, it's important to note if you're planning to reside in Greece for a vacation. To distinguish between those Under 18s and those older enough to drink, yellow wrist bans are given to minors, while adults have purple wristbands.

Upon arrival at the resort, there is a complimentary bottle of water in the room - however, if you want another bottled water, you'll have to pay as it's not included in the all-inclusive part. I'd like to see it included, but while it's not, I suggest you refill the free bottle from the self-service drink stations dotted around the resort; they can be found in the restaurant and pool bar area.

One important thing to note is that only one bar will operate at any one time, and the times they operate vary with the time of day. For example, the Pool bar usually operates throughout the day, while the "evening bar inside" operates from evening to 11 pm. Any drinks after 11 pm are not included within the all-inclusive and are chargeable.

IMG-2083.jpg IMG-2084.jpg

Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes - Greece Review (Room Review)

Overall, the Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes Hotel room reaches 4-star standards. A safe is located within the room, but it's not a combination safe and requires a key that was nowhere to be found during my stay in Greece. With this being said, the room is very spacious, tidy, and clean. It's equipped with a smart TV, a fridge, a kettle, and a Balcony. Having paid for a "Garden View" when booking through Tui, I was lucky enough to have a nice view of the Greek Sea from a distance, along with the mountain and hills on the horizon.

When packing, I decided to pack an Extension Lead so I could charge multiple devices at once. Besides charging multiple gadgets at once, I am glad it was taken with me as there are no outlets on either side of the bed. Instead, they are dotted around the room, which, if you're anything like me, can be inconvenient if you like spending time on your phone, iPad, or Laptop in bed after a long day. Fortunately, the extension lead overcame this issue, so I recommend bringing one if you consider coming to Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes. However, to my knowledge, I am unsure whether every other room has the same layout, so this might not be the case for all rooms the Hotel has.
IMG-2094.jpg IMG-1977.JPG

The cleaners might enter your room if you're not up and about by 8am. There is a "Do Not Disturb" sign that you can hang on the door, but this means the maids won't come in to clean on that specific day. I would like the maids to enter between 10 am-11 am, but I understand that they have a lot of rooms to clean in a set timeframe and most likely work through them in order.

Wifi Signal and Connection Speed are impressive if you or you're family need it while abroad. The speed of the internet won't be as fast as you're home.

While on the topic of the room that Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes provides, it would be essential to discuss the shower inside the restroom. The shower can be used as a bath if you wish. One of the things that Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes could improve on is the temperature of the water. You'll be guaranteed a hot wash in the early hours of the day, but if you take a shower or bath during peak times, the water will be cold or warm if you're lucky. To improve on this, I suggest the Hotel consider getting a larger water tank or converting a few units into Electric Showers which heat from demand.

IMG-2095.jpg

Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

I've been to many 4-star resorts in Greece, and most do not have hot lamps to keep the food hot. This is essential as someone could potentially obtain food poisoning from hot food being put on top of cold food. However, Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes resort has hot lamps throughout Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, meaning whatever time you eat at the restaurant, you are guaranteed hot food.

If food is essential when looking for an all-inclusive hotel abroad, then Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes has you covered. Offering a wide range of options for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - even the fussiest of eaters won't be disappointed. There is a wide range of hot and cold options for all dietary requirements for breakfast. There is also a self-service drinks machine, including a coffee dispenser for all coffee lovers!

sol-cosmopolitan-rhodes (1).jpg sol-cosmopolitan-rhodes (3).jpg sol-cosmopolitan-rhodes (4).jpg unnamed.jpg IMG-2097.JPG IMG-2098.JPG

Sol Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes - Greece Overall Review of Sol Cosmopolitan Rhodes

Overall, I agree that the Hotel is a 4 Star Resort. However, there is undoubtedly a lot more outside of the Hotel that you must do when visiting Greece, including visiting the town center and seeing the different islands, like Lindos, on boat trips. Or, if you like Fishing, take a stroll down to the Harbour and find out how much it'll cost for a fishing trip. Make sure to pack a snorkle if you're planning on trips, as some of the islands around Greece have crystal clear waters with many fish underneath!

Attachments

• 1665051822957.png
    1665051822957.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-2086.jpg
    IMG-2086.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • sol-cosmopolitan-rhodes.jpg
    sol-cosmopolitan-rhodes.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
First of all, happy birthday Alex for being 22 years old. we're getting older quickly by the way xD, without a doubt, Rhodes is one of the best tourist places to visit in Europe. it has a really good reputation in the market and very happy about your vacation there.

Could you share with us, the amount needed to spend a good 15-20 days there?

First of all, happy birthday Alex for being 22 years old. we're getting older quickly by the way xD, without a doubt, Rhodes is one of the best tourist places to visit in Europe. it has a really good reputation in the market and very happy about your vacation there.

Could you share with us, the amount needed to spend a good 15-20 days there?
You'll be looking at a minimum of 1500$ for 15 days, including flights, accommodation, food and drink.
In terms of spending money, I'd recommend 200 Euros per week for trips and various activities. Remember you can always exchange them back but you don't want to bring too little and be stuck!

Reactions: AJH
Happy birthday Alex, take your time and enjoy your birthday holiday. $1,500 is worth it being around Rhodes for 15-20 days, provided that the money is there. I wouldn't have money and depriving myself good times.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back