What's new

Small Gift to Bribe

If I give you a gift to get what I want to me isn't a bribe and I will tell it in court that I only appreciated him in his office giving a gift isn't a crime but bribery is the crime.

Bribing and corruption is one of the major problem of our society and no such thing as gift bribes comes as a result of stupid work done or incomplete work done to cover their back or to prevent them from being persecuted

I don't think then is anything like a small bribe because a bribe is a bribe which is an offence in the court of law. But sometimes a little bottle of wine or some money can be regarded as a small bribe.

Personally I do not think it is based on the value, it is actually the reason behind the giving. I could give the next person a small gift of high value or even less value, and deep down in my mind as see it as just a gift. It's the reason behind the giving that matters.

some gifts might be a bribe ,some people give you money with the aim of achieving a specific goal ,in that case is called a bribe ,but if you know the person he can give you gifts and accept them.bribe and gifts are two different things that might sounds same.

Small gifts been a bribe depends on the person giving it, person's collecting the money, the situation on ground, the occurrence at that point and it's what led to the giving

The small gifts for bribe purpose could be perceived by the receiver as something huge and vice versa. Considering giving a small gift as bribe depends on the event/situation you find yourself at that particular time. Personally, anything termed a small gift should come inform of a 'brown envelope'. No one actually knows the exact amount in there

I don't think then is anything like a small bribe because a bribe is a bribe which is an offence in the court of law. But sometimes a little bottle of wine or some money can be regarded as a small bribe.
Yes I totally agree with you,I have never heard of anything like small nor big bribe,in as much as it is done with the intention of something else its bribe.and its illegal, its termed as bribe.

Sometime in a situation where a job has been done and the only way as a mark of appriciation would be to tip the fellow something,that cannot be classified as a bribe,because it was intended to shift his action to favour you.

Bribery is a crime; therefore, you should not give gifts implying that it is a bribe and that a person now has to do something for you. But when I want to win over a person on whom the outcome of solving my problems depends, I sometimes give small gift baskets with various pleasant little things. Of course, such a gift does not oblige a person to help me, but it disposes him to me, making it much easier for us to interact. So don't give gifts as a bribe; give nice little things to make a person feel good.

Last edited:
bribery is forbidden in my religion, it spreads corruption and inequality between people in life by giving opportunities to people who do not deserve them just because they gave an amount of money. and unfortunately, that's what we live actually.

A gift received by a person after rendering service can't be considered a bribe. Especially if the official didn't know about your intentions to thank him this way. I'm not sure about the situations where you give the person money after the service because that seems really dishonest. But a small present won't be considered a crime. I gave a woman from the social assistance department a printed mug because I heard her complaining to a colleague that she had recently broken hers. I wanted to thank her for her help because she made sure that I submitted my documents on time. I was looking for custom gifts ideas and found something that would be a symbolic but nice sign of appreciation. I don't see anything wrong here.

Last edited:
At what value would you label a "small gift", as a bribe?

I believe that whenever the gift is targeted towards making you to do something which you are not expected to do ordinarily and it's not going to be by the book, then it is a bribe.

If you give something and expect that your work will be done, it is a bribe. That's how our country's law defines bribe. If you have your file in front of the person in charge and you offer a cigarette, this will also be termed as a bribe in our country.

I believe that whenever the gift is targeted towards making you to do something which you are not expected to do ordinarily and it's not going to be by the book, then it is a bribe.

I do not think that a small gift could be considered a bribe. Giving bribe might be a bit different from giving a gift to someone. Bribe involves paying money in an illegal manner. This involves paying money to an official who is supposed to take action against you for committing a crime.

I do not think that a small gift could be considered a bribe. Giving bribe might be a bit different from giving a gift to someone. Bribe involves paying money in an illegal manner. This involves paying money to an official who is supposed to take action against you for committing a crime.

It actually depends on the circumstances that is surrounding the gift that has been given to someone because whenever a gift is given with the intention of influencing someone's decision in what is going to favour the person that bought the gift, it is definitely seen as a bribe and there is nothing anyone is going to tell me to believe otherwise.

It actually depends on the circumstances that is surrounding the gift that has been given to someone because whenever a gift is given with the intention of influencing someone's decision in what is going to favour the person that bought the gift, it is definitely seen as a bribe and there is nothing anyone is going to tell me to believe otherwise.

There might be cases where a person may send a gift to another person after the matter has been resolved. I think that under such kind of circumstances, people may view the "gift" in a pretty controversial manner. So, it all depends on how each and every person views it.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back