Should you Trademark your logo?

Lämmchen

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 15, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Most countries are good about giving a copyright to a site's logo. But what about Trademarks? Should you trademark your site's logo and if so, how covered is it by those outside your own country? Is it recognized by other countries as being valid?

If it is about a small blog where you use logos to advertise so watermarking or trademarking the logo isn't a compulsory step unless you spend a lot of effort on drawing it but if it is a professional website so it merits.

Trademarking a logo is a good idea. It protects the logo from someone else using it. Under common law, when you begin using a particular logo, you may own its rights. However, common law does not provide essential protection. Thus, registering a trademark ensures the protection of your logo from other people using it.

You can trademark the logo of your company if you think it is unique and you don't want other people to copy it out. You can trademark the logo of your company to create instrict value for it. A trademark logo can be a good source of income when you unlock other products.

I would have advise anybody that has a company that believe in their vision for the company to trademark their logo reason being that in the nearest future they are trademark won't be able to be copied or plagiarized because we have many people that are on the lookout for upcoming companies and once I see that they are already promising to be profitable they jump on their trademark so as a business minded individual trademark your logo.

I think it is a good idea to do it when you reach a level where it is needed. In most cases, your website should be covered under basic trademark laws so no one should be able to use your logo anyways.

Trademarking your logo whether as a small company or business is best. All companies know this; once any slight error is found from a defaulters logo in that they're trying to copy yours, you can sue them immediately because you've protected yours.

If your business is something that has the potential to meet a lot of people then it is only going to be right that you should trade market so that people cannot be able to use it for negative things.

I think it is a good idea to do it when you reach a level where it is needed. In most cases, your website should be covered under basic trademark laws so no one should be able to use your logo anyways.

There are many companies that have clearly trademarked their logos. Many big companies like McDonald's have already done this so that no one could steal the logo.

There are many companies that have clearly trademarked their logos. Many big companies like McDonald's have already done this so that no one could steal the logo.
I know.

All fortune 500 companies have done this, even to the extent where they can sue you over something like Disney did in recent years. A man lost his young son and wanted to put Spiderman on his gravestone and Disney said they would sue him if he did it.

Well it is very important for a business to go a step further to properlly register and get its logo trademark,it will show that he is the original owner of that logo and will hep in preventing others from using it.

Most countries are good about giving a copyright to a site's logo. But what about Trademarks? Should you trademark your site's logo and if so, how covered is it by those outside your own country? Is it recognized by other countries as being valid?
If your website is a professional one then you absolutely have to trademark the logo. This is a clear declaration that you have no intention of letting someone else nab your intellectual property and use it for their monetary gain

Trademark is not restricted to a country alone. I have seen people in my country who received warning from people in other countries for using their logo and brand name. I don't how they're doing it, but trademark is not restricted to a country.

If your website is a professional one then you absolutely have to trademark the logo. This is a clear declaration that you have no intention of letting someone else nab your intellectual property and use it for their monetary gain
I agree with you, making a trademark is absolutely essential especially if it concerns intellectual properties, and more especially if your website is popular

I agree with you, making a trademark is absolutely essential especially if it concerns intellectual properties, and more especially if your website is popular
Copywriting and trademarking are very important because without it, anyone can profit off your hard work and labour in establishing that name or brand and that would almost be borderline exploitation which is very bad

Copywriting and trademarking are very important because without it, anyone can profit off your hard work and labour in establishing that name or brand and that would almost be borderline exploitation which is very bad
These two has been proven to reduce the rate at which intellectual properties are being exploited. It would definitely help because once you've discovered such occurrence you would have adequate evidence to convict the exploiter at a court.

two has been proven to reduce the rate at which intellectual properties are being exploited. It would definitely help because once you've discovered such occurrence you would have adequate evidence to convict the exploiter at a court.
This is a very correct statement. These two strategies have greatly reduced exploitation of brands and other forms of intellectual property for monetary gains. The prospective court fine which would ensue from a court case loss has also deterred people a lot

it is very advisable you trademark your company logo to avoid every form of legal issue, and this would also safe guard your company interest. because i have seen issues where companies had legal dispute over things like this.

Yes trademark of your logo is good, it solidifies the ownership of your intellectual property. When you trademark, you automatically have sole right to use it and take legal action against any infringement.

Anyone whose logo identifies a business or profession should seriously consider trademark protection.Once you establish your trademark, the legal mark lasts forever. Just make sure to keep up with registration renewals at the five and ten year marks

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back