What's new

Should you invest in stocks market when you are retired?

sharonpedrosa

Familiar Face
Dec 20, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Asset allocation is a strategy that helps you choose how much money to put in stocks, bonds and cash when you invest for retirement. Simply put, asset allocation is nothing more than striking a balance among these three core asset classes.

If you’re okay with a slightly hands-on approach but prefer to keep things easy, invest for retirement with a simple asset allocation model. A two- or three-fund portfolio based on mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) makes it very easy to invest and save for retirement.

One fund targets growth, like an S&P 500 index fund or an international stock index fund. The second fund, like a total bond market fund, generates stable income. Diversify further with a third broad-market ETF or index fund. Asset allocation with only two or three funds still provides diversification, and it keeps you from having to pick and choose tons of stocks or bonds yourself.

Next, decide what percentage of your portfolio balance is invested in these two or three stock and bond funds. Your decision depends on your age and how well you tolerate risk. Investment management firm T. Rowe Price suggests the following simple allocation based on your age:

• 20s & 30s: 90% to 100% stocks, zero to 10% bonds
  • 40s: 80% to 100% stocks, zero to 20% bonds
  • 50s: 65% to 85% stocks, 15% to 35% bonds
  • 60s: 45% to 65% stocks, 30% to 50% bonds, zero to 10% cash/cash-equivalents
  • 70+: 30% to 50% stocks, 40% to 60% bonds, zero to 20% cash/cash-equivalents
You need to check up on your simple asset allocation portfolio occasionally to make sure the market hasn’t shifted your percentage allocation away from your target mix.

And as you age, you’ll need to rebalance to keep your portfolio in line with your desired risk tolerance. You can see this in the asset allocations above, which become more conservative—with more fixed-income, bond investments—as you get closer to retirement.

What i just shared is based on my research. I actually employed the services of a financial adviser doubled as a broker by name Stacy Marie Filkins. She handles all that pertains to my investment and trades. It’s best you reach out to a professional to avoid making mistakes and costly ones at that.

I am retired for several years now and real estate was my target. But when my wife opined that she doesn't want us to buy real estate because we already have our home then it was the stocks that was my next target. Buying blue chip stocks is safe although I have to admit that the profit is small. The upside is the risk that is very minimal.

Yes, it's a great privilege to have something enough to rely upon after retirement. But the happiness is that you get something to do once you are retired and one of the best way is to invest in stock trading.

Your analysis is quite good but I feel that investing in stocks can still be done at an old age - consider the likes of Warren Buffet who actively built stock portfolios even when they were aged.
I get your point that the volatility can eventually mess with you but it's still doable.

Well, the investment of or in a particular form of business, depends on choice and your ability to be able to run the business effectively not necessarily because you have retired from some kind of work.

You should start investing in stocks and shares as well as other investment why you are still active in the service. So you'll be able to reap the reward of these investment when you get retired.

Yes stock investment is a good one for those who have retired, but not everyone can handle the risk involved as well, I think it would be alot safer to invest in real estate or start up a small business where you can simply hire someone to help do most of the manual work.

We keep working till we cannot walk and die because if we stop working and keep spending what we have earned, there's is a probability that you will exhaust your saving in the process.
Yes, it's a great privilege to have something enough to rely upon after retirement. But the happiness is that you get something to do once you are retired and one of the best way is to invest in stock trading.

We keep working till we cannot walk and die because if we stop working and keep spending what we have earned, there's is a probability that you will exhaust your saving in the process.
I think it is very important to invest and have multiple streams of residual income. A time will come when someone could no longer have energy to work and still need more. If you have investment that brings in residual income for you, you will never panic at the old age.

There is actually no bad deal in investing in the stock market ,I still see it as another means for you to make gains as you trade more and hold different stocks then earn when the price rises

Well the investment is stocks market when someone retired, depends on the person capability and the level of knowledge of which he had in dealing with stock markets exchange or stuffs. If you are capable or not.

Why are you still in the service? You should start investing in stocks and shares, as well as other investments. As a result, when you retire, you'll be able to reap the benefits of your investments.

I prefer real estate investing is to stock trading. The reason is that real estate is capable of bringing in residual income regularly if you are able to secure a property at the right location.

You can invest in stock market even when you are retired. However, before investing make sure you are investing only the amount you can afford to lose. In other words, do not invest everything you have/

Yes, one can invest in stock when he or she is retired but one has to very careful about it because stock investment is risky. A retired person should only invest little money in stock.

Asset allocation is a strategy that helps you choose how much money to put in stocks, bonds and cash when you invest for retirement. Simply put, asset allocation is nothing more than striking a balance among these three core asset classes.

If you’re okay with a slightly hands-on approach but prefer to keep things easy, invest for retirement with a simple asset allocation model. A two- or three-fund portfolio based on mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) makes it very easy to invest and save for retirement.

One fund targets growth, like an S&P 500 index fund or an international stock index fund. The second fund, like a total bond market fund, generates stable income. Diversify further with a third broad-market ETF or index fund. Asset allocation with only two or three funds still provides diversification, and it keeps you from having to pick and choose tons of stocks or bonds yourself.

Next, decide what percentage of your portfolio balance is invested in these two or three stock and bond funds. Your decision depends on your age and how well you tolerate risk. Investment management firm T. Rowe Price suggests the following simple allocation based on your age:

You need to check up on your simple asset allocation portfolio occasionally to make sure the market hasn’t shifted your percentage allocation away from your target mix.

And as you age, you’ll need to rebalance to keep your portfolio in line with your desired risk tolerance. You can see this in the asset allocations above, which become more conservative—with more fixed-income, bond investments—as you get closer to retirement.

What i just shared is based on my research. I actually employed the services of a financial adviser doubled as a broker by name Stacy Marie Filkins. She handles all that pertains to my investment and trades. It’s best you reach out to a professional to avoid making mistakes and costly ones at that.
I think it is okay to invest in stocks when you're retired. It is however best to make good research on good and profitable company stocks to invest in so as to avoid losses.

Yes, it would be a good investment option for retirees.
You should know about its pros and cons before investing, and ask questions about good stocks available.
The investment is a lucrative one.

I am retired for several years now and real estate was my target. But when my wife opined that she doesn't want us to buy real estate because we already have our home then it was the stocks that was my next target. Buying blue chip stocks is safe although I have to admit that the profit is small. The upside is the risk that is very minimal.
Glad I could see this post because I was looking to find someone who had invested in stocks before because I heard the profit is small and I think you have confirmed that.

I won't even considered to invest in the stock market when I am retired but most importantly if I am retired and I have a lot of money i may rather invest in real estate.. Here there is little potential risks of losing because I don't really trust the stock market .. you also need to take your time to study and know much about it.

Stocks is a stable investment and it's definitely a good investment for retirees. It's not a speculative market like the digital assets investment. It's the right choice for the retirees.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back