What's new

Should you give bonusses on employee's birthday?

You are right, he or she doesn't owe you anything but you are working for his or her company, giving bonuses is to encourage your employees in order to work better.

Yeah, it's what most workers need to come to terms with about their birthday. It's your personal birthday and you're not entitled to any personal recognition by your work boss. As long as he pays your salary, he's done what's expected of him.

Yeah, it's what most workers need to come to terms with about their birthday. It's your personal birthday and you're not entitled to any personal recognition by your work boss. As long as he pays your salary, he's done what's expected of him.
This is not responsibility of a boss to give bonuses or celebrate someone's birthday but I mentioned that if he or she give bonuses or celebrate an employee's birthday then this will encourage them to work better.

All these small things are little ways to bosst an employee's loyalty. It can go a long way in customer retention. Employees are humans and are emotional. When you bring out their emotional part, you command loyalty from them.

Yeah there is a great joy in doing that, just as the Boss you should manage sure you will be able to risk that before starting it, it should be in such a way that all employees will get there bonuses too on there birthday or vocation.
I believe everyone has been given in a business environment should not be at the detriment of the business's profit. Doing that can actually make employees to feel happy in the business and more productive.

Giving employees gift or birthday present is very important though depends wether the company can afford it for everyone during his or her time. Though once the company are able to do that, it will make employees to be more productive.

Yeah there is a great joy in doing that, just as the Boss you should manage sure you will be able to risk that before starting it, it should be in such a way that all employees will get there bonuses too on there birthday or vocation.
Giving employees gifts during there birthdays would be inconvenient and financially constraining to the overall growth of the company. You could organize annual events instead of that.

Giving employees gifts during there birthdays would be inconvenient and financially constraining to the overall growth of the company. You could organize annual events instead of that.
Well your idea too is also a nice idea, just that it depends on the choice of the company and what they can risk or financially afford to spent for there employees birthday and others.

As a manager or the company's CEO I would give the employees presents on their birthdays as a way of giving them motivation by using the non monetary incentives. This strategy can be used to retain the workers on the company too.

Given bonuses on employees birthdays is very stressful personally I think simply because if you are having more than 30 employees, how will you satisfy them when having birthdays at a specific time.
Yes, if you have many employees, giving bonuses to each of them during there birthday is going to cost the company a lot of money. So, it's better to calculate the cost from the beginning. So, that it will not be like you give some people bonus and you did not give others.

This is not responsibility of a boss to give bonuses or celebrate someone's birthday but I mentioned that if he or she give bonuses or celebrate an employee's birthday then this will encourage them to work better.

You are very correct with that assessment and I believe that every individual in the world who is working for a private or public firm, will always appreciate a good gesture and in return put in a lot of work to show appreciation.

I think this should really fall into consideration of the owner or owners of the business, I think that gifts or bonuses will always be well received, I remember that in a job I had all the birthdays of the workers were signed up and with the tip money a gift was bought to each worker on the appointed day, that gave us a lot of enthusiasm and a positive work environment and a time to rest from work on that day.

One thing I know, is that giving bonusses to your employees is ideal for making a work environment happy. And especially so, I think it's the case for bonusses on an employees birthday. I think it's a great gesture to give a bonus to an employee of yours. It shows you care about them, enough to the point you'd give them a gift.

Have you ever given out bonuses or even gifts to an employee on their birthday?
I also think it is a good idea to give bonuses to employees on their birthdays because it create a good working environment for employees and also encourages them to give 100%

I also think it is a good idea to give bonuses to employees on their birthdays because it create a good working environment for employees and also encourages them to give 100%
I am following this topic. I don't see anything wrong with giving bonuses to employees, but will you be able to maintain it ? it is not easy if you have several employees in your business organisation and you have to provide bonuses and gifts to them on their birthday.

Well given bonuses is not bad and as an entrepreneur, you can do that to promote personal boss and employees relationship too but sometimes it will be very difficult to do for few and neglect others.

It won't really be easy. There are some organisation that have 50 different type of employees , that will be difficult for them to share gifts at their birthday.
There is nothing wrong with giving and there is nothing wrong if you choose not to , it depends on the decision of the employers or business owner.
It is not difficult except you don't have the zeal or willpower to do it, or except your business is not making profit because organization that have more staffs are doing it
It should not be compulsory. Even if you don't give them bonuses, find a way to celebrate them on their birthdays. It shows you value them and care about them. This is one non monetary way of motivating staff in your company.
No one is of the opinion that it should be compuo
No one is saying it is the responsibility of the boss or organization to give out bonuses on their staff birthday what we are saying is that it helps to boast the morale of staffs

Last edited:
One thing I know, is that giving bonusses to your employees is ideal for making a work environment happy. And especially so, I think it's the case for bonusses on an employees birthday. I think it's a great gesture to give a bonus to an employee of yours. It shows you care about them, enough to the point you'd give them a gift.

Have you ever given out bonuses or even gifts to an employee on their birthday?
Well that's not a bad idea, if you are good at doing that I'm very sure it's going to help in the success of your business, selling your products on a discounted price will also help

As long as a boss is in a very good relationship with his workers, I believe that there is always a good possibility of the boss helping to celebrate their workers birthday and make it a day that is memorable for them to enjoy.

Giving employees gift or birthday present is very important though depends wether the company can afford it for everyone during his or her time. Though once the company are able to do that, it will make employees to be more productive.
Actually given out such bonuses or gift to your employees, depends on the financial strength of the company or business so that you wont be putting your business at financial risk just to make your employees happy.

Actually given out such bonuses or gift to your employees, depends on the financial strength of the company or business so that you wont be putting your business at financial risk just to make your employees happy.

This your assessment is very correct and it's one of the reason why it is always advised for any business owner to make sure that the amount of expenses that are not necessary for the company to get into should be eliminated at all cost in order to cut down the cost of running the business.

Yeah you are right, it should be base on the strength of your business or company or else your business will be at a high risk which will be able affect your employees salaries.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back