What's new

Should you give bonusses on employee's birthday?

Well, this is what I also mentioned. I worked in a place that never had much employees. However, they still never celebrated birthday of employees. They celebrated birthdays of high-level employees only.
Ok, that is another option that should be adopted . People of a certain position should be celebrated .
But personally I still do not see the need. if you choose to celebrate then go ahead and do it on to all and not only to a certain people so as to prevent other people from thinking that all their efforts are not being appreciated.

It's actually a good thing but it's not that compulsory. Employee don't have to feel bad about it if your employer does not tan it serious. Even if you're doing it you should not make it compulsory upon yourself

It should not be compulsory. Even if you don't give them bonuses, find a way to celebrate them on their birthdays. It shows you value them and care about them. This is one non monetary way of motivating staff in your company.
It's actually a good thing but it's not that compulsory. Employee don't have to feel bad about it if your employer does not tan it serious. Even if you're doing it you should not make it compulsory upon yourself

At my former workplace, our boss used to celebrate the birthday of our company staff by trying to buy cake and some soft drink for us to celebrate it in the office. It's actually a very good way to motivate the workers for them to know that the boss care about them and it helps them to give their best in the business.

Well, it might be possible that some companies celebrate the birthdays of their employees because they may have a small workforce and they might be generating huge revenues?

Personally I think given bonuses on employees birthdays, is not a bad idea but I think it will a be a great burden on you for the business due to the kind of expenditure that you will made in dealings with their birthdays.

I think giving bonuses and gifts for employees is very important especially on their birthdays because this will give them a mindset that they are really a part of the company.

I believe that it is a very good thing for a business owner to recognise the birthdays of his workers but it is not a must that he or she must do it because the person is paying your salary and doesn't really owe you any other thing apart from that.

If you have the power to do so as an employer then please go ahead and do it. This will make them feel appreciated especially on that special day and they will eventually put in their best in their work.

It should not be compulsory. Even if you don't give them bonuses, find a way to celebrate them on their birthdays. It shows you value them and care about them. This is one non monetary way of motivating staff in your company.
Absolutely given bonuses to employees on their birthday, shouldn't be compulsory because the burden will be very high if you are to go by that but find a better way to make them feel happy.

When you give bonus to employees, you are appreciating them and you are telling them that they are very important to the business and it will encourage them to give ther best at work.
Yes actually, that is why as a business owner you should not be only thinking of your self, but also about your employees too. That will make them never to regret or forget working for you.

It is good if the business owner can give bonuses to employees at his or her birthday because it will serve as an incentives to make him or her perform better and demonstrated that he is relevant to the business.

Giving bonus to an employee on the occasion of their birthday is not something realistic, you could give him gifts and cards but I don't think bonus is good incentive . Bonus should be given as a reward for job welldone
Giving bonus to an employee for reaching or clocking his or her birthday with you is not bad at all, infact you give them something to look forward to and honouring them on that special day is amazing.

If you have the power to do so as an employer then please go ahead and do it. This will make them feel appreciated especially on that special day and they will eventually put in their best in their work.
There is no doubt, that by doing so, it will makes them much appreciative and to some extent encourage them to worked more than ever. it won't be a bigger deal for someone who is financially balanced.

For sure, I believe there is this proverb that says. He's that's faithful in little will be faithful in much. Meanwhile show them to care about them even with the little profit you earn as the case maybe.
Definitely, when they feel that they are the priority they would always want to partronize your business. Sometimes doing such things would help propel your business to a higher level.
I believe that it is a very good thing for a business owner to recognise the birthdays of his workers but it is not a must that he or she must do it because the person is paying your salary and doesn't really owe you any other thing apart from that.
That's the honest truth, this is because if you decide to do such things it would require to do that to all of your employees and the financial burden would be very big.

Last edited:
Definitely, when they feel that they are the priority they would always want to partronize your business. Sometimes doing such things would help propel your business to a higher level.

That's the honest truth, this is because if you decide to do such things it would require to do that to all of your employees and the financial burden would be very big.
Yes this is a Factual statement indeed, in as much as you want to make them happy it's expected of you to be giving them bonus, whereas I'm pretty sure bonus will motivate them to work hard.

You are right, he or she doesn't owe you anything but you are working for his or her company, giving bonuses is to encourage your employees in order to work better.

Giving bonuses for any employee for he or she is working for you is one of the greatest joy, happiness and loved he or she will feel that particular day of his or her birthday.
I believe there's joy in that, I know the feeling. It gladens employees the more anytime they are given bonus maybe during vacation or maybe during there birthday.

Giving bonuses on employees birthday is a great way to show appreciation. but as a business person you must determine if the bonus will affect your business in any negative way.

Actually given a bonus to your employees birthdays, is not bad but sometimes it might be at your own risk most especially when you can not meet up to all their needs. maybe do to someone and could not do the other.

I believe there's joy in that, I know the feeling. It gladens employees the more anytime they are given bonus maybe during vacation or maybe during there birthday.
Yeah there is a great joy in doing that, just as the Boss you should manage sure you will be able to risk that before starting it, it should be in such a way that all employees will get there bonuses too on there birthday or vocation.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back