What's new

Should you change your sites look a bit every year?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Some people keep the same look for their site for years. But what if you instead made some changes each year to your site. Maybe not anything major, but changing a few things here and there could entice more people to join. What do you think?

Some people keep the same look for their site for years. But what if you instead made some changes each year to your site. Maybe not anything major, but changing a few things here and there could entice more people to join. What do you think?

Many people would not be in favour of changing their website all the time and I can understand that. However, changing the theme of the website entirely all the time may not be a great idea.

Many people would not be in favour of changing their website all the time and I can understand that. However, changing the theme of the website entirely all the time may not be a great idea.
Yeah I get that. Changing too much, too often can put people off. Some people take time to get used to a new design, so I suppose changing it often would only further bug those people.

So maybe every few years or something. Not too often, but not forever either. What do you think?

Some of my sites have the same look when they were launched. People do not come to your site for the appearance, they visit your site for the content. If you have quality content, you do not need fancy looking site.

Yeah I get that. Changing too much, too often can put people off. Some people take time to get used to a new design, so I suppose changing it often would only further bug those people.

So maybe every few years or something. Not too often, but not forever either. What do you think?

There is a proverb "Old is Gold". Many people prefer and like old products and old stuff. This is why they may have a really hard time accepting new changes on the website. New is not always better.

I think i support this idea of changing the website look every year, that will encourage the visitors to keep coming to the site and makes the site more attractive instead of wearing the same look over many years

Website design trends evolve over time, and it's important to stay current to ensure your site appears modern and visually appealing.

This doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your entire design every year. Instead, you can incorporate subtle updates and tweaks to align with the latest trends while keeping your brand identity.

while updating your website's look periodically can bring benefits like freshness, engagement, and modernity, it's essential to strike a balance. Consider the impact on brand consistency, user experience, development costs, and SEO implications. It may be more prudent to make incremental improvements and changes based on user feedback and industry trends rather than a complete overhaul every year.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with changing little things on your website from time to time just to improve the aesthetic value of the website. But you should do it in a way that it doesn't change so much that it will be very difficult for your members to feel comfortable with using the site.

This is dependent on a lot of factors. One of it is where can I get the better user interface that works better for my site. Do I have some sections of the forum that have not been active and needs to be merged? These and many more factors should help me decide if a tweak to the site is needed yearly.

Website design trends evolve over time, and it's important to stay current to ensure your site appears modern and visually appealing.

This doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your entire design every year. Instead, you can incorporate subtle updates and tweaks to align with the latest trends while keeping your brand identity.

It's definitely going to be disturbing to have everything about the forum design changed every year. Forum users take time to get used to the particular design the forum is built with. When they constantly changed, I will personally feel uncomfortable using the forum.

I would like to do that, but not change the main colors of the site. Well, what I mean is change the logo and some minor things, as it's about having a creative edge.

This is dependent on a lot of factors. One of it is where can I get the better user interface that works better for my site. Do I have some sections of the forum that have not been active and needs to be merged? These and many more factors should help me decide if a tweak to the site is needed yearly.

The general aspect of a website can actually be changed from time to time because it's something that will need to be revamped often to make it always relevant in terms of appearance and beauty, but not the major thing about the community in terms of the main design. Also, you're looking at the cost of doing that as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back