What's new

Should new tech companies have concerns over grooming?

Nowadays ,the children cannot be stopped from goint to the internet because they know their way through it and they even also know more than some adults , but we can just limit hownthey go online as parents .
Yes, the parent have a lot of work to do if we want the children to stop going or reduce the way the children are going to social media these days. The various social media don't show concern about children protection nowadays. All what they concern about is their revenue.

There has been a lot of this kind of complaints about them allowing this kind of behaviours on their platform and I think it is high time that the try to take it serious.

Social media and technology in general has so many negative effects alongside it's positives. I think minors should still get protected as much as possible. If these platforms won't do it, it should be your responsibility as a parent to protect your minor. They can get misled a lot as they are still immature and unable to define wrong from right.

Yes, I believe it is a good idea for newer tech companies and social media platform to make it harder for children to be present on their platform but the thing is that no matter how harder they try to make it, children would always find their way into these platforms.

this is making me a bit scared for the future and the young one's that are growing up, they are exposed to a lot of harmful things on the internet without restrictions and guidance, it was nit like this for me while i was growing up.
That's just it, the internet is filled with both the good, the bad and the ugly. I think it the parents or guidances would be the ones to play an extra role in protecting the young ones. You could set up parental guidance on their smart devices to monitor what they do with it.

Yes you're absolutely right by saying this, technology is really improving in all ramifications, things are upgrading, unlike before that everything just seems somehow, there is upgrade in everything.
For sure, technology is improving in all sectors, most especially when it comes to social media. But don't you think there will be a time when children will start having access to social media platforms. Unlike now that's prohibited for children under 18.

The world has already changed, and there are still many to come. However children needs to understand that only positive contents can make impact to have a good lifestyle.

Social media and technology in general has so many negative effects alongside it's positives. I think minors should still get protected as much as possible. If these platforms won't do it, it should be your responsibility as a parent to protect your minor. They can get misled a lot as they are still immature and unable to define wrong from right.
Social media these is full of content that can negatively affect minors. The greater responsibility of protecting children from this neɠative content lies with parent. Parent need to guide their children.

Social media these is full of content that can negatively affect minors. The greater responsibility of protecting children from this neɠative content lies with parent. Parent need to guide their children.
That is right. Children need so much parental guidance these days. If you allow them to have a phone or an online presence in any way, you need to monitor their use of them. It is good that there are parental control tools online that you can use.

It is very important for each and every social media to place restrictions on content based on age and this is what is been done on YouTube because this platform go extra mile to create a YouTube kids.

Twitter, Twitch, Tik-Tok, Tumblr as well as many other social platforms that may or may not start with the letter "t" have a history of allowing pedo-behavior such as grooming on their platforms and all the ones I mentioned still activity have this problem. They have not set up enough safe guards to prevent it I suppose. Some believe this was intentional, who can say?

Do you think newer tech companies and social networks need to be aware of these things and make it harder for children to be present on their platforms for their own protection?
Child protection is necessary. I believe there should be rules and regulations that governs children and people that are below the age of 18 and certain privilege should not be granted to them when they have not reach the required age.

Obviously children and people who are above the age of 18 should have their account managed by their parents

Child protection is necessary. I believe there should be rules and regulations that governs children and people that are below the age of 18 and certain privilege should not be granted to them when they have not reach the required age.

Obviously children and people who are above the age of 18 should have their account managed by their parents
It is a pity that some content are not censored and I really want to give commendation to YouTube for doing a great job because they were able to censor contents very well.

Some of the platform actually make it clear that if you have not reached the age of 13 then you shouldn't register. Some of them have actually tried their best. The internet is open for everyone.

I think the age that we are in does not limit any person who want to grow and aspire high I life endeavor that restriction,the world is global village and any one that wants to grow should be allowed access to social media.

Technology and social media platform has both Its positive and negative influence towards the youth and minors , and its negative effect is far greater than the positive aspect . They get introduced to many bad things through the influence of social media .

Technology and social media platform has both Its positive and negative influence towards the youth and minors , and its negative effect is far greater than the positive aspect . They get introduced to many bad things through the influence of social media .
I don't think the negative effect is much more than they be positive effect. everything have both advantage and disadvantage but it depends on how you use it. There are people who have used social media platforms and the internet to better their lives financially.

It is a pity that some content are not censored and I really want to give commendation to YouTube for doing a great job because they were able to censor contents very well.
i would also commend YouTube as well they are trying in curtailing the kind of content that is on their platform as to avoid abuse of the platform and also to regulate what stays on the platform.

I think the majority of these companies are aware and are actively trying to take it down. That's easier said than done considering these social networking sites are huge and require a lot of moderators on the clock to keep an eye out for suspect content being posted.

As much as Facebook gets a lot of hate, they do have a team dedicated to stopping adult content and offensive content from getting through the pipeline.

When it comes to grooming, I'm sure that's something most of these sites frown upon and are actively trying to keep it off of their platforms and anyone doing it off of their platforms.

There should be more restrictions to who can sign up to a social site. I heard a while back they proposed making it a requirement to confirm who you are by submitting your license. So I could see that happening going forward with some social sites.

Yes, tech companies, regardless of their size or age, should have concerns over grooming, as it is a serious issue that can have damaging consequences for the company, its employees, and the people they serve. Grooming refers to behaviors that manipulate or exploit others for malicious purposes, such as exploitation, harassment, and abuse.
In the tech industry, grooming can take many forms, such as online predators targeting minors, harassment and abuse in virtual environments, and the use of technology to facilitate harmful behaviors. Companies have a responsibility to create safe and respectful work environments for their employees and to protect the safety and privacy of their users. This includes implementing policies, procedures, and training programs to prevent and respond to grooming, as well as conducting thorough background checks on employees and contractors.

I think that since technology is evolving so much, many companies always tend to hire fresh people who have knowledge about technology a lot. The fact remains that technology is indeed changing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back