What's new

Shop workers abuse: 'I've had things thrown at me'

• Thread starter BBC News - Business
  • Start date

BBC News - Business

The cost of living is one factor behind a wave of aggression towards retail workers, a charity says. ...

Continue reading the above news article, by clicking here.

Administration and Moderation NOTE: A Reminder, the above news is provided for free, through a RSS Feed. The above quote does NOT include the full story. In order to continue to read more past what is quoted, please click through to the article, by clicking on the link provided above through the "continue reading" text.

Please be sensible and follow our terms of service and rules, when replying and debating the news article.

There should also be advocation for proper treatment of service workers in shops. The economy is bad and it isn't their fault prices are on the rise. It's also not good that some people just choose to vent their frustrations on them.

Everyone should be treated well and no one should abuse anybody.if such case happens you have the right to sue the person abusing you. This is my opinion

I don't like to deal with customer problems. I used to work at a call center, although brief, it was a terrible time and I learned a lot. Customers aren't always right, and you have rights as an employee. That's at least what I think, some places don't make it safe for their employees and many are abused often by customers and their anger and impatience.

Back to the call center, I had a lot of calls that I didn't like. I almost quit a couple times, but I stuck it out and finished my temp work. I would never go back to do it though, because customer service is meant for people who can take a beating and still get back up to take more beatings. I talked to a man who wanted to fight me, I talked to many others who yelled at me saying I needed to fix their mistake.

You need to be strong with customer support and working retail, otherwise, you need to find new work.

I'm not surprised by the level of aggression shown to these guys nowadays. There's just a growing wave of unkindness among humans which isn't supposed to be so. More should be done to protect these informal sector

There should also be advocation for proper treatment of service workers in shops. The economy is bad and it isn't their fault prices are on the rise. It's also not good that some people just choose to vent their frustrations on them.
There are times when I also get angry and I normally want to divert that my anger and aggression to the people under me but I normally control myself because they are also human like me and should be treated with respect .

I'm not surprised by the level of aggression being shown towards these guys these days. There's just a growing tide of unkindness among people that shouldn't be like this. More needs to be done to protect this informal sector

My brother worked for a company that never checked their employees aggression. He said the one time two female coworkers got into a cat fight right in the office. They were screaming, throwing things, hitting each other and it didn't stop until one guy got between them. Guess what? He was fired.

Workers abuse is most found around toxic working environment and people who sold aim is to abuse every one working under there canopy or domain in the name of being boss, some boss hate correction the took arogancy in place of confidence

Well, I do not think that if the prices are increasing, then it is the fault of the shop workers or even shop owners. Inflation is actually global issue and almost all the people are being affected by this problem.

Workers abuse is most found around toxic working environment and people who sold aim is to abuse every one working under there canopy or domain in the name of being boss, some boss hate correction the took arogancy in place of confidence
Some owners and managers are quite temperamental and they get angry easily , they treats their workers like slaves since they believe that without them , the workers won't exist which is a bad attitude .

Some owners and managers are quite temperamental and they get angry easily , they treats their workers like slaves since they believe that without them , the workers won't exist which is a bad attitude .

Well, many employees and workers do realise this and this is why they have to adjust to their boss's temperament no matter what. I have seen many people enduring bad behaviour of employers.

Well I don't think if there's any need to abuse employees or Co workers. Everything should be done accordingly. And everyone is expected to hold his right to avoid any problem as the case maybe.

Everyone should be treated well and no one should abuse anybody.if such case happens you have the right to sue the person abusing you. This is my opinion

There was a video I watched online some months ago where a customer came in to a shopping mall and after a disagreement with the sales attendant, the customer called his son and the son shot the sales attendant. It was a horror show.

There was a video I watched online some months ago where a customer came in to a shopping mall and after a disagreement with the sales attendant, the customer called his son and the son shot the sales attendant. It was a horror show.

Well, I think that it is a very bad thing to throw things at others. The injured person could even possibly sue the other person who caused the injury. So, did the person who got shot survive or did he die?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back