What's new

Selling Service Vs. Selling Products

If you want to do a business, whether it is an online business or offline business, you are basically doing two things: one, you are selling services; two, you are selling products.

In order to sell services, you need to become a service provider or hire people who have relevant skills. For example, a law firm sells services. In order to start a law firm, you need to be a lawyer yourself or hire lawyers.

In order to sell products, you need to either acquire products or develop your own products.

You need more money to start a business to sell products compared to a business that sells services.

Definitely! for people who sell services as you describe, it is more economical to undertake, they need the premises and the necessary furniture to develop, quite the opposite happens with the sale of products where the investment is much higher. apart from the premises are necessary all the products to be sold and the products to be sold.

I think selling service is cheaper and margin is high. People can set their own price and the entire selling price can be their profit.
You are right @Justin , but even having the opportunity to price the services, in the case of my country there is a margin for it, when there is a eccedence of the prices, it enters in the range of scam.

I also believe some services are being priced compared to what the buyers are receiving. I think digital marketing and SEO services are heavily priced.

I sell service, I also sell products, mostly digital products. In order to sell products, I will have to spend money on product development, however, I have acquired skills (one time investment) that will allow me to sell services any number of times provided I have time,

I like the idea of starting a business of selling services. That is what I am doing online right now, selling my writing services. All you need is the skill and ability to dedicate time towards earning.

I like selling of product because selling of service you must be a service provider, so like to sell product because is good to have a good products to sell.

I have never sold any kind of products online. However, I have offered my services online and I believe that offering services online is a better way to earn money. As you can see I am offering my services to Bizdustry by writing content for them and posting comments. This is also a kind of service. In the past, I have written content for content mills and I have provided my service. I really do not think I would be able to earn money selling products online.

And both have the same goal - to make money. However, people selling services need to do follow on customer reviews. And I notice that service is not heavily advertised like goods and products.

In my opinion selling products is better because it gives you something physical that you can prepare and ship to people whereas a service can be hard as you need to do something yourself. Both have their pros and cons and I suspect people will prefer different things based on their style of business. I do think a service business would be cheaper to start but selling products is probably easier to do.

Who both selling service and selling product is profitable. Anyone who cannot actually sell products can actually sell his services. You can sell your services on freelancing website. This is the reason I always advise people learn digital skill.

I have discovered that a business that operates on both kinds of business being product selling and service rendering would definitely do better than a business that operate on just one kind. I hope add add a product to my service business in the nearest future.

And both have the same goal - to make money. However, people selling services need to do follow on customer reviews. And I notice that service is not heavily advertised like goods and products.

Selling products require you to wait for the customer to buy your products. On the other hand, there might be more people willing to avail your services. This is why I think that offering services might be a faster way to make money. I have never sold anything online but I have earned more money offering my services. For example, I used to write content for content mills and I made my first money online by offering my services!

Yeah. You are very correct that it need and requires more money for you to sell a product than for you to render services. Both have difference in the ease of setting up. And it is more easier setting up services business than setting up product business

Wellsince we are in the digital age I will go for selling of services because I can actually do this online if I have access to internet there are some digital services that I can actually do with my laptop or mobile devices if I have an opportunity to do so, physical products i won't be able to deliver it to all part of the world.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back