Nova

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Posts Club
Aug 24, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
After the pandemic, facebook announced that you can now open facebook page as a store. And you don't need any external site. All you can process through the facebook itself. So it seems like they want to replace the shopify and the other websites.

Have you thought about selling on facebook?

I dont think I will be using Facebook too. The reasons are:

1. Too many frauds and transactions cant be trusted.
2. Its a mediocre idea.
3. No security of money. You cant even raise a dispute. Facebook support is too bad for us to use and trust.
4. Facebook has a tendency to unilaterally bring out policies without consulting all stakeholders in the process.

Reactions: Dot
I hadn't heard about Facebook doing this. Will they charge a fee? What safeguards are in place?

As for whether I would sell or not, I probably would if I knew that scammers wouldn't be able to take advantage. It would be a good way to get more traffic to my crafting forum too with links to patterns of the things I create.

I don't know about this new creating a page/store feature, but I have sold things on Facebook via Facebook Marketplace. Like anywhere else, you have to be careful but so far I haven't experienced anything bad. A lot of selling/buying on Facebook is done face to face, so that pretty much makes it impossible for you to be scammed.

Well, honestly, kind of like McDonalds and Wal-Mart in the USA, I feel like Facebook is a monopoly if there ever was one! Nonetheless, you can't argue with the customers - and they're are too many on Facebook, hence the need for the quickest connection with them.

I don't trust this for security reasons.
There are too many scams and frauds and it takes a lot to trust something, these days. I don't want to give my card numbers just because of cheap prices anymore. It's better to be safe than sorry later.

So, unless good genuine reviews are provided, I wouldn't want to deal with anything. Of course it's not fair to a newbie trying to make an honest living, by making use of Facebook but I don't want to be the scapegoat of any new scam. I just can't bring myself to try out new stuff, no matter how attractive they are.

I dont think I will be using Facebook too. The reasons are:

1. Too many frauds and transactions cant be trusted.
2. Its a mediocre idea.
3. No security of money. You cant even raise a dispute. Facebook support is too bad for us to use and trust.
4. Facebook has a tendency to unilaterally bring out policies without consulting all stakeholders in the process.
There are many people already selling on facebook just like on OLX and the quikr. In fact with facebook it is more legit considering it offers you option for the payment and also you get to have some credibility check option by checking their profile. So in such case you would soon see facebook selling does have a future.

Facebook is a good place to sell merchandise and other products. I mostly use it to sell old stuff I have in my home, but I know people who use it to promote their services and sell their custom made products. Facebook is becoming an open marketplace pretty much and I really like that. It sucks, because part of me can't stand facebook, but having marketplace and their other options, really makes it a great option if people don't want to set up a site.

Just like any other marketplace, you just dont have the freedom or more exposure without your own website. I honestly think i wont be using FB much soon. So i can imagine not everyone has a FB plus you have to have FB to use their store.

It seems that we have more and more alternatives to use social networks as sales channels, and one of the newest tools in social commerce is "Facebook Marketplace". Contrary to facebook pages or even stores within this network, this list of products offers us some advantages that we had not seen in the platform: searchability, a longer life cycle for our publications, etc.

Currently there are a lot of sellers on facebook, they are really doing very well because I see a lot of people buying through their facebook. There are many ways to make money through Facebook posts

Last edited by a moderator:
Commerce on facebook will be hard to adapt to all the countries and their laws, they might dream on doing something like that but I doubt it will be available in every country that has facebook, Though it is better to have your own website with your shop, I did mine worked on it with my darling love and the results are awesome: www.sunt-em.com

I think it's a good idea selling on Facebook but in order for your shop to work there you need to invest some money into advertising. That's exactly why Facebook opened this kind of service to people, so that people can start advertising their products more by paying money for ads

There's 2.2 billions people use facebook so i think it's a good place to sell . Although it could be some troubles because it attract many scammers but on the other mutch traffic so it's double-edged sword

Facebook is a social media monster, I have seen a lot of sales, and I know many people who have bought through this page. Many think that it is a risk, others that there are possibilities, I agree with both opinions. Every business has a risk, and he who does not take risks does not get anything, you have to try and try, Being a page that I create is worldwide, it is well worth it.

I am not sure how I would gage being able to use this. With them implementing some of their policies as of late, I am not sure if I would potentially use Facebook's Marketplace, unless I can see that they won't hide things placed in the marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back