Not open for further replies.

bharath

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Sep 4, 2018
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Is their any plugin in any software that can schedule our forum topics or posts as per our requirement? I used news feed in the past, but now I want to schedule my own topics in xenforo or mybb software.

I don't know if the Xenforo and MyBB has it. But if you have used the WordPress and wpforo, there are some of the addons that you can use for the scheduling option. Also your best bet in this scenario would be custom plugins or the extension. I guess you should go in that direction for the scheduling on forums.

I believe there are active plugins for Xenforo but not for myBB. I just checked all the plugins and there are no active plugins to schedule posts for myBB 1.8*. There are auto replies for a PM message but not for a thread as of now.

I have heard of Delayed post plugin before but I can't find it anywhere now. I have searched for it, close to 30 minutes and I believe it is obsolete now.
To be honest Xenforo offers automatic PM's for new users and such but for myBB there are too many bugs in those plugins. Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend scheduling actual posts. I have done that before and it was a disaster.

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend scheduling actual posts. I have done that before and it was a disaster.

Scheduling posts can be a really good thing - cause people aren't always around to post. I suppose the thing is to do it right. How exactly did posting become a disaster?

Scheduling posts can be a really good thing - cause people aren't always around to post. I suppose the thing is to do it right. How exactly did posting become a disaster?
The addons that do that, generally won't have issues with threads, but when it comes to replies, there are known issues, where a post inside a thread is posted after reaching it's scheduled date, and all the replies after that, ends up showing up as being created before that reply. That, or other weird things of the like.

I'm using WordPress as my content management system and any time I need to schedule content, all I just need to do is to click on the three open column at the front of the article and time the posting period. With this, it will be easier for me to know when the article will be posted based on the time I selected for it.
Post automatically merged:

I'm using WordPress as my content management system and any time I need to schedule content, all I just need to do is to click on the three open column at the front of the article and time the posting period. With this, it will be easier for me to know when the article will be posted based on the time I selected for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back