What's new

Ripple co-founder has sold off over 28 million ripple coins

I honestly believe that the code founder just jumped ship and he is smart for doing so because no one wants to run any business at aloss so I respect his smart decision and honestly hope that he does well in any venture that he decides to engage in, in the future.

As someone who owns some XRP and decided to trust and not sell of my coins when it's price is falling this kind of disappoints me and i kind of lose some of my trust to them. I know it's normal to release some coins but why now really when the people are doubting them 😐
Exactly. When it comes to selling off your own coin, this needs to be done in a way that will improve the image of the company, especially in tough times when you are facing legal action. The sell off of so many coins at this point appears like they do not have the confidence in their company and the lawsuit, and they are planning for the worst case scenario, which is ironic because they are also working on many expansion projects for ripple as well.

Exactly. When it comes to selling off your own coin, this needs to be done in a way that will improve the image of the company, especially in tough times when you are facing legal action. The sell off of so many coins at this point appears like they do not have the confidence in their company and the lawsuit, and they are planning for the worst case scenario, which is ironic because they are also working on many expansion projects for ripple as well.
That's exactly what it looks like.. they're already securing themselves with money for whatever happens next. Yeah they're also going to launch a new coin as i remember.. makes me wonder if they wanted to pursue that one and sacrifice XRP lol

Wow this is so huge that means there is a good chance for people that are investing in ripple because if ripple company has sold of so much amount of ripple then there is the possibility that in the next five years from now ripple will be as valuable as other cryptocurrency, that means anyone who is investing in ripple should hold on because there is a possibility that in the next 10 years ripple will be as valuable as other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin

That's exactly what it looks like.. they're already securing themselves with money for whatever happens next. Yeah they're also going to launch a new coin as i remember.. makes me wonder if they wanted to pursue that one and sacrifice XRP lol
There was a SPARK coin to be released if I am not mistaken, and I think that this why the value went up so drastically last year towards the end of the year, because the SPARK AirDrop was supposed to be given out in a one to one ration between the amount of ripple coins that you were holding. I am not sure what the deal with the AirDrop is though and whether they will go ahead with this especially with all of this uncertainty.

There was a SPARK coin to be released if I am not mistaken, and I think that this why the value went up so drastically last year towards the end of the year, because the SPARK AirDrop was supposed to be given out in a one to one ration between the amount of ripple coins that you were holding. I am not sure what the deal with the AirDrop is though and whether they will go ahead with this especially with all of this uncertainty.
Yeah the Spark airdrop i heard that they will still continue that promotion and launch of the token despite the lawsuit i think that's one of the reasons why there's a lot of investors that didn't sell their coins last month when the dumping started

Yeah the Spark airdrop i heard that they will still continue that promotion and launch of the token despite the lawsuit i think that's one of the reasons why there's a lot of investors that didn't sell their coins last month when the dumping started
This is interesting. Do you know which date they are deciding to go ahead with this project? I think that it will be a good idea to try and bring in some profit to the company that may help for future development or even to help with settlements in the lawsuit as well if they so choose to go down that road.

I think selling it off would really affect the price and it would drop drastically instead of increasing as expected , because there would be a lot of panic sell due to the news of selling some of his ripple coin , he would have done that secretly instead of saying that to the public and again the law suit case is making things complicated

The one question that is on everyone’s mind in the crypto world, in my opinion, is relating to what is the future of the ripple company and its coin. Many of us have become used to using ripple not only because it is an easy coin to use, but there are low transaction fees and there are even faster transaction times than you see with coins such as bitcoin.

In a recent article, it seems that one of the co-founders of ripple has chosen to sell of 28 million ripple coins, despite the ongoing lawsuit by the SEC. What do you think that this means for the ripple company? Do you think that this is a good move by the co-founder?

The way I see it, it could be going one of two ways. Either they are relatively confident in the outcome of the lawsuit. Or I could be that they are planning ahead for a possible unfavorable outcome and trying to make sales whilst the coin still has value. What do you think? Do you agree with me?
They are relatively confident in the out come of the lawsuit.
Ripple is going to grow and might even take over very soon.
Other cryptocurrency company are afraid of how ripple is going to gain popularity that may be the reason for contending with them.

The Co founder selling out 28 million ripple coins is a negative indication that all isn't well, I still have some reasonable amount of XRP on my luno wallet, and with this information I'm beginning to panic, I think it is time I exchange my ripple to Etherum, this would be my next move immediately I log on to my luno wallet. I really don't think that all is well with ripple.

This is a bad move from a co-founder, especially at this time. It goes to show he doesn't have confidence in the coin anymore.

But it could also be due to personal reasons we may not know of, so it's best to withhold judgement for now.

They are relatively confident in the out come of the lawsuit.
Ripple is going to grow and might even take over very soon.
Other cryptocurrency company are afraid of how ripple is going to gain popularity that may be the reason for contending with them.
As for ripple taking over this may be a pipeline dream at the moment because of the number of users that have lost confidence in the coin and its operation, however the lawsuit outcome will determine the number of users that decide to stay with the coin. If this is a good number, then the coin can definitely become the main crypto to be used for payments because it is able to offer much faster and cheaper transactions that either Bitcoin and Ethereum, and therefore it will be favourably looked upon by businesses when they venture into crypto acceptance in their stores.

Exactly I
As for ripple taking over this may be a pipeline dream at the moment because of the number of users that have lost confidence in the coin and its operation, however the lawsuit outcome will determine the number of users that decide to stay with the coin. If this is a good number, then the coin can definitely become the main crypto to be used for payments because it is able to offer much faster and cheaper transactions that either Bitcoin and Ethereum, and therefore it will be favourably looked upon by businesses when they venture into crypto acceptance in their stores.
Exactly I will agree with you. I know that they are going emerge victorious in the lawsuit.
Once that is done they are going to be favourably looked upon by businesses. They are going to gain more acceptance in definitely after the lawsuit.

Concerning ripple co-founder selling off over 28 million ripple coins. Well, the only thing as iinvestors or people following the trend is to see the final output of his decision which have been said earlier that he may be confident enough before taking such action or the other way round. We just have to be positive about this before getting the final result. I believe Ripple will rise again

The one question that is on everyone’s mind in the crypto world, in my opinion, is relating to what is the future of the ripple company and its coin. Many of us have become used to using ripple not only because it is an easy coin to use, but there are low transaction fees and there are even faster transaction times than you see with coins such as bitcoin.

In a recent article, it seems that one of the co-founders of ripple has chosen to sell of 28 million ripple coins, despite the ongoing lawsuit by the SEC. What do you think that this means for the ripple company? Do you think that this is a good move by the co-founder?

The way I see it, it could be going one of two ways. Either they are relatively confident in the outcome of the lawsuit. Or I could be that they are planning ahead for a possible unfavorable outcome and trying to make sales whilst the coin still has value. What do you think? Do you agree with me?

Theanswer to the question is simple , the co-founder is selling because there might be an unfavourable outcome and he does not want to loose at both ends of the lawsuit, so he's preparing for what the future may behold, that's an example of a good business man

Theanswer to the question is simple , the co-founder is selling because there might be an unfavourable outcome and he does not want to loose at both ends of the lawsuit, so he's preparing for what the future may behold, that's an example of a good business man
I do agree with you understand that he is showing that he is cutting losses and he's willing to do so. That is necessary for a good businessman to be able to succeed however at the same time we need to consider the fact that selling of such a large portion of the coin when they are in such a difficult position is very bad timing. It does not show that they have much confidence in the future of the ripple company and therefore investors will also have the same concerns and may result in them selling off their coins as well. This will cause major reductions in the ripple price in the future.

You are absolutely correct, I heard about the news an update from a very good friend of mine who is into ripple coin investment. Honestly 28million ripple coin is a huge achievement for that coin base. I just hope that the US coinbase security system lift off the lawsuit against them.

You are absolutely correct, I heard about the news an update from a very good friend of mine who is into ripple coin investment. Honestly 28million ripple coin is a huge achievement for that coin base. I just hope that the US coinbase security system lift off the lawsuit against them.
I have seen many online news articles that actually say that the chance of the ripple company winning against the SEC seems to be very unlikely and whilst I am also hoping for the best when it comes to the ripple coin and its outcome, especially since it is the major coin that I have used, and I have quite a large investment into it, I think that we may be in for some bad news in the future.

I would want to follow the news. Hope he has not solid the coin? This why I am interested in the news. If he sell that much of a coin. It is sure that the price of bitcoin will reduce and this will be a good time to invest in ripple. There is hope that by the end of this year ripple will reach $1

I think its sec that needs to lift up the lawsuit against ripple and not coinbase itself, because coinbase can be given directive to suspend trading the coin , but i still wonder that despite the lawsuit case the coin is gaining more momentum and rising higher and higher i think ,so its really a good thing i think

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back