Rewards For reality shows and academic performance

Ceeny007

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jul 22, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
In my country first class graduates are barely recognized for their feat but the youths who who feature in reality shows are celebrated with fanfare and people even donate money to buy cars and houses for them.
Is it the same in your country?

You cannot compare people in show business with the people of academic excellence. An actor with just high school education can earn millions where as a professor can hardly afford a car.

I'm from Nigeria and that is how it happens here. Even the government do not recognize or reward academic excellence but they are always ready to give endorsement deals to celebrity who have huge fan base

I think this is what is happening every where. Government and companies now reward reality TV show winner more than students who graduate with good grade and that is very bad

I believe this is what is happening a everywhere government reward those academic excellent, it is really good to reward such people because is not easy.

One thing you got to understand is that what the social media consider as a trend is actually what investors will follow,these multinational companies that sponsor these programe always look for profit and this promoting academic shows will not give them.

It is so appalling that the amount out in for academic performance is not encouraging at all, sincerely speaking you will see a reality show performance reward will be ranging from millions of naira while that of academic will be between 500,000 naira or less.this is not encouraging

It's very common among Africans, we pay little or no attention to anything that concerns our educational system, but once it comes to entertainment and showbiz, we hail and cheer up them up. People even go as far as taxing themselves just to buy expensive gifts for their favorite contestants in these reality shows.

God bless you abundantly for this wonderful thread. I have argued so much on the said topic countless number of times. The government of my country are clueless, they attach more importance to reality shows than academic performance. The best students in academics are given stipends while the winners of reality shows are paid handsomely.

You cannot compare people in show business with the people of academic excellence. An actor with just high school education can earn millions where as a professor can hardly afford a car.
I don't think the writer is try to compare I think what he ment was that the country tend to place more importance to reality shows than anything related to education Take for example now there is a very popular show in my country called big brother naija, the pice given to these persons are massive, and what do they do on tv? Things that no reasonable parent would want their child to learn even does that don't win are millionaires. Now lets not talk about those carry first class in university, what about educational reality shows the price given out are not even up to half of what they give out to these other shows, which is making our young ones nolonger interested in education.

Academic excellence is not a thing anymore in most countries. Skills is what matters most and that is why you see those performing well in the show and entertainment business are earning a good living. So it is upto you to use your intelligence and academic excellence to create your own business or opt for discovering other talents you have and learn new skills.

I guess that's the society we are living now it's true change is constant as there was a time education was all that matters, still important no doubt but not necessarily the yard stick to be successful these days

It is, however, appalling that when it comes to academic competitions, the monetary value organisers attach to it is always ridiculous, such that many students do not see enough reason anymore to register and put in their best for academic contests.

Its pretty much the same over here my friend. It's time we learnt that such programs and shows are just made to distract the focus of the public

Youth are being rewarded academically but it is not as rated as that of social activities simply put. Normally the truth remains that their reverse is supposed to be the case

I guess that's the society we are living in now it's true change is constant as there was a time education was all that matters, still important no doubt but not necessarily the yardstick to be successful these days
I agree we can't completely rule out the role of academics in today's society. Academics have never been a yardstick to be successful, well except you make groundbreaking discoveries.

In my country first class graduates are barely recognized for their feat but the youths who who feature in reality shows are celebrated with fanfare and people even donate money to buy cars and houses for them.
Is it the same in your country?
This saddens my heart more than anything. Our youths would now grow up and think of them as role models, this is detrimental to the society..

This my country is such a fucked country. Academics has no place again in the society. People that are celebrated most now ain't people that achieves academic excellence. They are people that are no where that.

I don't think the writer is try to compare I think what he ment was that the country tend to place more importance to reality shows than anything related to education Take for example now there is a very popular show in my country called big brother naija, the pice given to these persons are massive, and what do they do on tv? Things that no reasonable parent would want their child to learn even does that don't win are millionaires. Now lets not talk about those carry first class in university, what about educational reality shows the price given out is not even up to half of what they give out to these other shows, which is making our young ones no longer interested in education.
That demonic reality TV show is a big mess to the nation. The Senate did not ban that one but Twitter and crypto. I don't know why that show has survived to date. Viewers too contribute to the success of the stuff and I'm ugly disappointed.

We do not have that kind of donation to the reality show contestants. The winners of the reality show here is awarded a house and lot with cash money of $20,000. But for the tv viewers to donate money I don't think that will happen here because we are in the pandemic era.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back