What's new

Reviving a old forum

I think it will be a wise decision to revive an old forum because there are existing members, the site is already indexed on the search engine, there is already a traffic, even adv account for various ad networks approved.
This idea will work effectively if there was change in ownership and management but if the old owner and management are still in office members wont trust them anymore.

Since I closed my forums, there is no way to revive my old forums (I have deleted databse and used the domains to build other websites). I have recently created a new forum and I hope to run it for a long time provided I manage to earn from the forum.

I believe that if you had drop them a notification before you abandoned the site then I think coming back with a note that you have restrategised might be a good thing .

Bringing back a old forum or website is absolutely easy to do and why I said this is because of the fact that the old members of the forum would be willing to continue from where they stopped from

I have not tried this before because bi use to think it will be kind of too stressful and time consuming, even building up a fresh domain is very tough talkless reviving an old domain. And also I think the cost can be kind of high.
Post automatically merged:

Please note that old members aren't always easy to bring back because they might have gotten another option or moved to a totally new website.
Bringing back a old forum or website is absolutely easy to do and why I said this is because of the fact that the old members of the forum would be willing to continue from where they stopped from

Reviving old forum is quite difficult, but nothing would make it possible other than new and captivating content. Also try and pay new trending forum for advert

I have never do that ,but I believe that's very possible,allyou need is yourself,once you have you ,you are done ,in everything we do we start from the scratch so I believe it is possible

Reviving old forum is going to take a lot of effort and resources to achieve. the reason is that the members would have found a better place and it might be difficult for them to come back..

It's not easy to revive an old forum. There's a forum I know where writers post and get paid and at some point they were not paid do everything stopped drastically. The admins tried to resurrect it without still monetizing it and as I speak it is still dead!

I think it will be a wise decision to revive an old forum because there are existing members, the site is already indexed on the search engine, there is already a traffic, even adv account for various ad networks approved.
Yeah you really making sense. And maybe try to get the new and trending forums to give a shout out for you. That way people that left would know you are back

I agree with you when you say the old members would be willing to return because it would mean there's an existing membership base and all you have to do is to re-entice them to get active again (with extra rewards though. 😁)

It's definitely not an easy task but it can be done, you could try promotions like doing giveaways and stuffs like that to make people come back and also post a lot of great content

Well, it's not an easy task to be able to revive an old forum that has died years ago. but I believe the best option to revive the forum is to first of all, find out the reason why the forum fails in the first place, and then find a solution to those weakness.

Have you ever tried to bring back a forum that died out years ago? Do you think this is easier than starting a new community from scratch? I think it might be easier because some of the old members may be willing to return to the forum. Some people may not like to see all the old posts from years ago, though.

What do you think?
This is abit complicated and tricky, it might be easier in terms drawing traffic, being an old forum there might be old members like you have said, but this could also backfire as some old members based on past experiences might give bad reviews about it.

If the forum is not being rubbish with spam comments then everything could be possible, one of the principal causes for leaving an old forum is that there are many spammers and few staff teams if we don't say you moderate everything alone.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back