Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.6175USD
Biznotes
Most western countries now have negative population growth meaning that there will, in the future, be fewer people working. Furthermore retired people are living longer. This means that while the number of workers is decreasing, the number of retired people is increasing. As a consequence some countries have proposed raising the retirement age to seventy or more. What do you think of this? If this happens where you live, how would you work to shore up your retirement options?

Even if the government of the country increased the retirement age , the individual should always set the age at which they will retire themselves because your body won't be able to accommodate the stress anymore when you are old.
I agree with this, as not a lot of people still has that vigour to continue working when they are past sixty years of age so it would only be better if the working populace are allowed to set the age they would like retire themselves instead of imposing a particular age limit.

Even if retirement age is increased should not be considered because your health and your strength is what matters because you should know the age that you want to retire yourself.

Although the issue of this retirement increase is mostly happening in my side, to an extent that once you reach your retirement age, you can willing add or do additional five years more, most especially if you are a teacher.
The issue of retirement in my country, one can only increase his or her age only he or she attend to meet a professor's level legally or he or she can increase her age through illegal means.

Last edited:
I agree with this, as not a lot of people still has that vigour to continue working when they are past sixty years of age so it would only be better if the working populace are allowed to set the age they would like retire themselves instead of imposing a particular age limit.

I have heard that many people deliberately get their date of birth changed in order to extend their retirement age. This is done by their parents when the children are born.

I have heard that many people deliberately get their date of birth changed in order to extend their retirement age. This is done by their parents when the children are born.
In most cases so many government workers may be guilty of this because probably they still want to be on service so as to earn higher. This is not really the best because they do not give opportunity for other people to take over.

Well increasing of retirement age at my side hardly happen except you further your education to a Ph.D level before your retirement age may be increased and anything aside from that it is illegal.

Actually I agree with you because that are some of the challenges the western countries will faced in the future but there are some people whom there age have gone so far and cannot be able to perform there duty any longer.

Raising the retirement age is going to be stress to the aged most especially if it is a tendious work that is being done which requires strength and it is usually at the age of 60 that one tends to lose strength to aging.

I know a lot of senior citizens who can't retire yet because they need the better insurance that their jobs offer over medicare/medicaid coverage. That means that the younger people can't get into those jobs for a long time, which also means that the younger people suffer financially when they're stuck in a lower position job. I think it would be harmful to raise the age of retirement because of that situation.

I don't think it's a good idea. Retirement age shouldn't be increased to seventy. A seventy year old man or work should be resting and shouldn't have to undergo stress. There are a lot of young people still willing to work.

Well if a country is having an issue on its workforce which will make them to increase its retirement age limit,then it is a good one considering the shortage of manpower,but in my country the issue of manpower does not really arise.

Raising the retirement age is going to be stress to the aged most especially if it is a tendious work that is being done which requires strength and it is usually at the age of 60 that one tends to lose strength to aging.
Raising the retirement age is not the best practice, most especially in a country where there is high rate of unemployment. In such case ,the retirement age should be reduced so that it will give room for new employees.

Some country have started increasing the retirement age of their workers. They are doing this to save cost and also to have mixture of old and new workforce. However, I don't think this is a nice initiative. Body need rest. If a person can serve a government for more than 30 years then he or she deserved to retire to rest.

I already believe that with the coming of using technology people do not really have to spend a large number of their lifetime like that working. I think the current retirement ages even too much.

Well right now I know that most people that want to increase their retirement age do go further their studies and once they come back after there studies and additional year will be added to your working service

Most western countries now have negative population growth meaning that there will, in the future, be fewer people working. Furthermore retired people are living longer. This means that while the number of workers is decreasing, the number of retired people is increasing. As a consequence some countries have proposed raising the retirement age to seventy or more. What do you think of this? If this happens where you live, how would you work to shore up your retirement options?
I am of the belief that sixty years of age is the ideal age for a person to retire. With that being said, it would not be far fetched to suggest that an individual can retire at the age he or she wants

Well, my experience has shown that raising the retirement age is rarely done unless you pursue a Ph.D. in order to qualify, and anything beyond that is illegal.

One way to beat this will be to increase birth rate by encouraging immigration. Another way will be to develop skills that will be relevant in the future and wouldn't require much physical exertion to get results among the populace.

One way to beat this will be to increase birth rate by encouraging immigration. Another way will be to develop skills that will be relevant in the future and wouldn't require much physical exertion to get results among the populace.
I, for one, am of the belief that anyone can choose to retire from work at any period in their lives. Also, I don't think increasing the age of retirement to be close to the average life expectancy of the inhabitants is necessarily a good move.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back