What's new

Resigning Because of Bullying

Now, I don’t know if anybody is in a simile situation or position than I am, but I won’t name and shame the employer yet, as it’s currently underway in the legal area of the law.

Long story, short, I suffer from Autism and have hyper sensitivity to smell. One of the managers insisted that if I didn’t unblock the toilet, while moving the contents of the toilet into a bin bag that contained wee and pop, I’d be subject to punishment in accordance with the employers guidelines. The manager was aware of the medical condition, but failed to make an exception and ask someone else to do it instead as a reasonable adjustment.

Now, that is only one instance of Bullying, Harrassment and Discrimination in the workspace. Multiple other factors and individual matters that are similar to this recently led to me resigning from the company.

I am now proceeding with legal action. At this stage, I can’t go into further details until the judgement has happened. Has anybody else to subject to this type of behaviour?
Bullying and discrimination has no place in our workplace and yet it is rampant. Bullying makes the victim feel less worthy which always leads to a drop off in productivity due to emotional stress as a result of the harassment. This leads me to point out that resigning was the right option and proceeding with legal action is also meritable.

Bullying and discrimination has no place in our workplace and yet it is rampant. Bullying makes the victim feel less worthy which always leads to a drop off in productivity due to emotional stress as a result of the harassment. This leads me to point out that resigning was the right option and proceeding with legal action is also meritable.
That means you are working on a very good establishment so I think that if any company am working on brings discrimination or bullying I will quite

I personally can't resign from my Job because of bullying. In an event of bullying in a place of work one should follow the legal procedures set in place in dealing with the Matter appropriately.

Well going with the word of chris rock, he was said on Netflix and I quote "we need bullies in school". I feel these bullies are there In our various working environment so as to test our abilities such as endurance level, patiance, our response to violence and other work tolerance skills. So it could actually be a good thing at the end of the day. So why resign when you could find means of solving the problem.
Thank you for the wonderful comment it seems to raises my spirit a little bit ,because I found bullying initially as traumatic but it's a way to make you strong and test your level of endurance.

Getting bullied is a very common thing. In fact, it is far much more common than you can think. I am a freelancer, so I might be safe from such kind of behaviour. However, many people who work real, day jobs are definitely not safe. Bullying can lead to depression and even brawls.
You are absolutely right. Bullying is so much common these days especially among the youths. Most offline workers are often bullied by their employers and that is one of the reasons people prefer online jobs and self employment to working for someone offline.

You are absolutely right. Bullying is so much common these days especially among the youths. Most offline workers are often bullied by their employers and that is one of the reasons people prefer online jobs and self employment to working for someone offline.

This is one of the main reasons why I prefer to work online. However, some offline workers are able to avoid being bullied when they work remotely in certain kind of work environment.

Due to my religious background sunday's are usually off limits for me as that is the day we recognize as out worship day, but my employer keeps insisting I come to work even though I explained to him why he should give me the sunday's off work. After much pressure from my boss and a lot of query and penalties I had to quit the job. You shouldn't let any employer bully you always stand up and speak for yourself if you are ever in such a situation.
You are totally right although mine issue is not even about the religion background but i can't use all days in a week to work. Human body also need rest, i just want to use a day like on Sunday to rest and plan for coming week

You are totally right although mine issue is not even about the religion background but i can't use all days in a week to work. Human body also need rest, i just want to use a day like on Sunday to rest and plan for coming week
So many business employers are fun of giving so much responsibilities to their employees. It wouldn't really be nice if employees are to work from Monday to Monday without having a single rest. That is a total exploitation.

This is one of the main reasons why I prefer to work online. However, some offline workers are able to avoid being bullied when they work remotely in certain kind of work environment.
Bullying is one of the reasons i prefer working online too. I do much detest bullying. I feel it's very difficult to avoid an employer that bullies because he or she would always find reasons to pick on the employee.

I personally can't resign from my Job because of bullying. In an event of bullying in a place of work one should follow the legal procedures set in place in dealing with the Matter appropriately.
We have different types of bullying at the work place and there are some kinds of bullying you won't be able to handle most especially if you are against a lot of people .

We have different types of bullying at the work place and there are some kinds of bullying you won't be able to handle most especially if you are against a lot of people .
It is true that in some cases you will not be able to handle the bully and you will probably end up resigning from work because you can no longer cope with the incident .

It is true that in some cases you will not be able to handle the bully and you will probably end up resigning from work because you can no longer cope with the incident .

This will cause much problems for people in case they are not able to find a new job. Many people might not have any other option and they have to literally wait for the bully to resign or get out of the company.

This will cause much problems for people in case they are not able to find a new job. Many people might not have any other option and they have to literally wait for the bully to resign or get out of the company.
Research has shown that bullying at workplaces would make you become stronger and it will make you develop a thick skin. If you could withstand bullying , then you'll be able to weather the storm.

Research has shown that bullying at workplaces would make you become stronger and it will make you develop a thick skin. If you could withstand bullying , then you'll be able to weather the storm.
If you can ignore bully at work places and pretend as if nothing happens, it will go a long way to helping you weather all storms because you have developed a very good attitude.

Last edited:
If you can respond bullying at work places and pretend as if nothing happens, it will go a long way to helping you weather all storms because you have developed a very good attitude.
When your face bullying at workplace it will make you stronger and you'll be able to withstand all odds . You may decide to ignore it whenever you are bullied because that is the best way to deal with the situation.

I am not sure about that, but I am sure that bullying is very bad for the victim. Sometimes victim reacts in a violent manner and the victim alone has to bear the consequences.

I am not sure about that, but I am sure that bullying is very bad for the victim. Sometimes victim reacts in a violent manner and the victim alone has to bear the consequences.
Victim that is being bullied incessantly will not have a good self esteem. It is very important to train yourself to withstand such condition. It will make you a better person on the long run.

It is not just enough to resign because of bullying. It is also very important that you try as much as possible to report to the relevant authorities.

This way, other employees don't get affected.
It is not just enough to resign because of bullying. It is also very important that you try as much as possible to report to the relevant authorities.

Resigning because of bullying is not the solution. We face a lot of bullying everyday in my country here and it has become part of everyone. We have developed a thick skin to let minor things like that bother us.

Victim that is being bullied incessantly will not have a good self esteem. It is very important to train yourself to withstand such condition. It will make you a better person on the long run.

I was bullied quite horribly around 15 years ago. The wounds i have experienced are still fresh and I try my best to forget whatever happened in the past. Such wounds are hard to treat.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back