What's new

Real estate downsides.

You getting a bad tenant is not enough reason for you to be discourage from real estate business, all you have to do is to give your property to a good agent that can handle the tenant. I see no downside in real estate business.

You getting a bad tenant is not enough reason for you to be discourage from real estate business, all you have to do is to give your property to a good agent that can handle the tenant. I see no downside in real estate business.
It is easier said than done to do away with a bad tenant. But once you experience a tenant who would quarrel with you that would be devastating to your peace of mind. You own the property and here is someone who would act like he is the owner. Some wise guys are so smart to use the law against the owner. That is why I am against the rental control law here.

One of the downside of real estate is because of the high capital that is involved in terms of investing in real estate but when it comes to income I think real estate makes lot of income and profit.
Post automatically merged:

You most Know more about real estate because going into it or you will loose alot. It also require lots of capital to start up.

Last edited:
There is no business without it downside in which real estate managements is not left out. In every business there will always be good experience and bad experience that doesn't mean that the business is not good. The downside I see in real estate is that you don't get to sell properties on a daily basis.

• Time-consuming if you plan to rent or sell properties.
  • Real estate isn't a liquid asset, so you will not be able to turn into cash easily in an emergency.
  • Dealing with rental tenants and maintenance issues.

I didn't actually know more about real estate management nor the benefits and disadvantages on it but I believe they are downsides to it that draws it down.
Real estate downside when you have a real estate property in an unusual location which there is no more patronage and sometimes most people viewed the real estate on very shallow environment which is affected by erosion which day is there will not be enough patronage for such products and when people know that erosion normally disturb such properties the property can be abandoned.

One of the major disadvantages of real estate investment is the misuse of properties by the ternants. Now note that we are all different, not everyone would be as careful as you are. Not everyone would handle your property with care cause they might not know what you went through to aquire that property.

Any business or investment with merits always associates with demerits. Real estate investment has its own demerits too. Which is centered by greedy people trying to claim occupance of your property, war and crime rate forcing people off from renting/buying your commercial property.

To me, the downside of the real estate industry is that you will have to wait for a long time before profits show which means that it is a very long term investment b

i would say that the only downside that i think that exists is that sometimes people might not be interested in the location of your property, which means, less chances for sales

i would say that the only downside that i think that exists is that sometimes people might not be interested in the location of your property, which means, less chances for sales
yes I agree with you most times the downside in real estate I'm mostly location what's people do not really like some kind of location of a particular building and that will affect the price and sales of that property.

One thing am very sure of is that there are no business with advantages and those no have disadvantages. So if that is one of the disadvantages of real estate business then the realtor should be patience enough to understand for better still select those that will be occupied in his apartment.
Do all the disadvantage that I see in the real estate business is the fact that the business is not a very liquid asset kind of business being that you cannot quickly sell of your property when you need the money urgently.

Do all the disadvantage that I see in the real estate business is the fact that the business is not a very liquid asset kind of business being that you cannot quickly sell of your property when you need the money urgently.
assuming that you are a real estate reseller, you wouldn't be in need of urgent money as you are (rich) already because real estate is very lucrative

It can be very hard to sell off a real estate property that is on the wrong location. It can be very hard to locate good property at the cheaper price in right location.

Asides from the fact that you will be needing a huge capital investment to make huge profits from the real estate business, what other downsides or disadvantages are there to the business. I have seen a lot of people say that they can't deal with the tenants problem and that they have had bad experiences from managing just a few rooms not to talk of managing a whole property. But is this enough to be discouraged??
It not enough to be discouraged.
There are downsides in every business. The problem with tenants is always a heck, that is why landlords are becoming more careful when selecting tenants.

You must be ready to put in a lot of work and negotiations to secure a real estate property at the right location. Real estate is also capital-intensive as we need a lot of money to acquire a property that can bring in good residual income every month.

Like every other business that has its disadvantage real estate business also has its disadvantage which includes small returns on investment,not easy to convert the property to cash.

Real estate has higher transaction costs. When purchasing shares of a stock, the transaction cost for the trade is very low, often just a few dollars. But when purchasing real estate, the transaction costs are considerably higher. Unlike other types of investments, real estate transaction costs can significantly affect the value of the investment and make it more difficult to turn a profit.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back